Simulator Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulator Setup

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I am trying to set up the simulator so that I start with a $10,000 account, I have the ability to put on 10 contracts initially and I can hold the position until a 50% drawdown. This setup doesn't seem to be working, it doesn't let me enter more than 3 contracts right now when I do that. What am I doing wrong?

Also is there a way to set the commission to $4 for every futures contract in the simulator?
    Last edited by habibalex; 05-22-2015, 09:15 AM.

Hello habibalex,

What happens when you try to place the order?

Do you receive a message? If so, what is the message?

What instrument(s) are you trying to place the order on?

In the Accounts tab of the Control Center, do these values show for the Sim101 account?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris, I ended up changing the margin in the ES in the instrument managert to $1000, then I increased the maintence margin setting to 1 from .5. That seemed to fix the problem so now I am able to trade 10 contracts with 10000 initial cash. The accounts tab still shows 2x the amount of equity I expect, but it is obeying the rules I want so it is working.

How do I get the simulation account to add in commission per trade now? I went to the commission tab and adjusted the futures commission to $2 (see picture) but it doesnt' appear to be doing anything. I also went to the instrument manager and changed the commission there, but I still am not seeing the $2 commission being included in the account.

Last edited by habibalex; 05-22-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Hello habibalex,

This commission will come through when connected to the Simulated Data Feed.

You will need to set up the commission under the connection you are using.

Also, you will need to check the box 'Apply commissions to PnL calculations' in the Tools > Options > General tab.

Comment

When I enter trades now, it doesn't calculate the comission per contract. For example, I have set up a comissions structure of $2 for every 1 contract, but it is only charge me $2 per trade. How do I change that to $2 per contract?

Comment

Hello habibalex,

You will want to set up a tiered commission rate.

You will want to select Commission level and click the '...' button.

Then in the Collection editor window click New, select Commission, enter in a value of 2, set Units to the maximum number of contracts this commission rate will apply to or ther you will trade and press OK > OK.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?commission_tab.htm

Comment

okay thanks, got it working, i had to do it both in the Tools => Options => Commission tab and for the individual instrument in the Insturment Manager => Misc and broker.

Comment

okay after more testing it looks like the setup I want is still not working. I am able to purchase 10 contracts, but I am able to short 20 contracts. How do I set this up correctly so that I start with $10k, can short and buy only 10 contracts with $1000 margin inititally? It looks like the excess equity is the value that determines how much I am able to short vs long.

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Please send me your database
                  You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support, checking the box 'Database file'.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: ATTN: Chris S http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?t=74371*

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                  170 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post sidlercom80  
                  Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes