Show trades and data on multi-instrument strategy backtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show trades and data on multi-instrument strategy backtest

I have a strategy with two time series that uses signals from the primary to generate trades in the secondary (i.e., managed trades using BarsInProgressIndex=1).

When I run a backtest the chart only shows the primary time series and associated indicators. It does not show the secondary, nor does it show any of the trades.

How can I get both trades and the secondary time series to display on the backtest chart?

Hello dbooksta,

That is correct, a chart will only be able to display trades that are placed on the instrument of the chart.

You can view the trades made to the other instrument(s) in the Strategy Performance.

You can also open a separate chart to that instrument to see any real-time trades, but you will not be able to see any historical trades.

Adding an indicator using a different series causes the same issue. The chart can only show objects that are synced with the primary data series of the chart.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There must be some workaround. E.g., can I create another Panel from my Initialize() and use that to display the second timeseries?

Comment

Or is it reasonable to draw bars and MAVs for the second series directly on the primary panel? If so can you point me to an efficient example of this, perhaps in one of the indicators?

Comment

Hello dbooksta,

The only work around that I know of is to view the Strategy Performance or view the real-time trades on another chart.

However, this thread will remain open for the community to offer any unsupported advice.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader  
          Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
          1 response
          0 likes