order a few ticks in price direction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order a few ticks in price direction?

Hello. I will ask my question with this example. I have an uptrend with the last bar in green. I want to put a BUY, but not in the actual price, but a few ticks above (4-5 ticks). If I click BUY in the dom or do right-click -> buy stop 4-5 ticks above the actual price, the order is filled automatically, not when the price reach that price level I want to buy.

So, how can I put an order in front of the price direction so that it is filled when the price touches that level?

Thanks!

Hello marcopicos,
    Thanks for posting today.

This is expected behavior. When you place a limit above the current buy price it will automatically fill because the limit is trying to fill at the current best price with that price as the limit.

With a buy limit 5 ticks above the limit it automatically fills because this is the best price and not 5 ticks more.

Instead you can use a stop or stop limit order above the current price to then fill when the price reaches the desired entry.
    • To place a Buy Stop order hold the CTRL and middle mouse button click on the SuperDOM level you wish to place the stop order at.
    • To place a Buy Stop Limit order middle mouse button click on the SuperDOM level you wish to place the stop limit order at and then set the desired offset and click the check symbol to place the stop limit order.

Here is a link to the help guide describing placing orders using the SuperDOM http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...es/nt7/sub.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance for anything NinjaTrader.

Alex G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post bltdavid  
    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
    1 response
    0 likes