Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data Box won't re-open after closing it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Box won't re-open after closing it.

Hi,

When I close out my data box and then try to re-open it either with the icon or w/my hotkey of 'f11' it will not re-open.

It started about a week ago.

If I close the data box I have to close ninja and start it again to then click on it so it comes back on.

I re-installed ninja about 8 days ago--so it was clean and I created new templates...just wondering what the problem is.

Never had this happen in all the years I have used ninja.

Thanks!

Hello,

Is it possible that the window is coming up behind other windows, so that it is out of sight? Do you see it listed when you click the Ninjatrader icon in your Windows Task Bar?

If this is not the cause of the issue, then you may need to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader to resolve it. Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader (you will not lose any workspaces, templates, or user settings in this process).
    • Close all running applications.
    • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
    • Reboot your machine.
    • Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

It is not behind any charts and it is not showing up in my windows taskbar as an icon.

I would suck to have to re-install 'cause I marked up alot of charts w/text and would prefer not to lose that w/a re-install.

Comment

Hello,

Just to be certain, I've added a few text objects to the charts in my workspace, then reinstalled. I can confirm that you will not lose these in the process.

Comment

Is it still missing if you right click on the chart and click show data box?

Comment

I can use the data box if I 'unclick' show data box.

So, I can open it and close it now.

Hmm...I used to always have it checked 'always on top' and never lost it.

In fact, as of right now it is also working with 'always on top' clicked.

For the last week when I opened the data box it was defaulted to 'always on top'--if I unclick that after the 1st time I open the data box when starting ninja it seems to now work always on top or not always on top.

I just re-started again and reconnected and all of it works now no matter what--even my hotkey 'f11'--I am a long time user and I guess I am baffled why it wasn't working.

Perhaps when 1st opening data box with 'always on top' checked it was throwing things off. Don't know.

Comment

Well, either way, I'm glad to hear that it's all working well now. Feel free to reply to this thread if it acts up again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Tim-c
              by Tim-c

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM