Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Order rejected (201)

Hi,

Every time my strategy sends a cancel stop loss order to IB, I've got this message:

Order rejected - reason: No such order (201) affected Order

The order is canceled, but I get this annoying message and sound everytime.

Could you help me?

Thanks

Hello LuizM,

Thank you for your inquiry. What you are describing sounds like your strategy is submitting two cancellation requests for just one order to Interactive Brokers. We can confirm this in your log and trace files. Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1325562

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Hello MichaelM,

Thanks for your reply. I just sent it.

Regards,

Comment

Hello LuizM,

Thank you for sending your log and trace files. It looks like what is happening is that Interactive Brokers is cancelling your stop loss automatically when you submit a profit target cancellation (meaning they are handling OCO on their end).

You likely have "Local OCO simulation" disabled in your Interactive Brokers account connection within NinjaTrader. This causes NinjaTrader to handle OCO locally as well.

So essentially when your cancellation is submitted to Interactive Brokers they are automatically cancelling the associated stop loss and then NinjaTrader is requesting cancellation of the stop loss as well.

To prevent this from happening you have two options:

1. Let IB manage OCO orders

To accomplish this, please open up NinjaTrader and go to: Tools -> Account Connections -> Interactive Brokers -> Change... -> Next -> Next -> then uncheck "Local OCO simulation" -> Next -> Finish
        then you'll want to adjust your strategy to not cancel stops/targets automatically. If you are using managed strategy methods however, there is no way to prevent this.

2. Let NT manage OCO orders

To accomplish this, please open up NinjaTrader and go to: Tools -> Account Connections -> Interactive Brokers -> Change... -> Next -> Next -> then check "Local OCO simulation" -> Next -> Finish

Remember, if you let NinjaTrader manage OCO orders, your computer has to be running and connected to your broker for OCO to work properly.

If this does not resolve the issue or if we may be of further assistance, please let us know.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 05-28-2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Hi MichaelM,

OK, I'm gonna do it.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hello LuizM,

It is my pleasure. Please let us know if you continue to have issues or if you have any questions anytime.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes