Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Connecting errors to both GAIN and ForexCharts (6.5.100.2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting errors to both GAIN and ForexCharts (6.5.100.2)

I'm trying to connect to ForexCharts and am getting this error:
    "Login failed: Unable to locate ESignal installation directory."
    I just set this up the other day and it was working but now today I'm getting this error.

I tried reinstalling ForexCharts and then this error went away, but NT still wouldn't connect and after restarting my computer it says it can find the dir again.

Also when I try to connect to the Forex demo I get this odd error:

I've tried deleting both accounts and setting them up again, but no luck.

Aside from reinstalling 6.5.1000.1, is there anything else I can try?

>> I just set this up the other day and it was working but now today I'm getting this error.
    What has changed since?

>> GAIN issue
    Please contact your GAIN broker. GAIN had connectivity issues the past few weekends.

Comment

Any idea on the ForexCharts issue? I find it unlikely both eSignal and GAINs data servers would have problems simultaneously.

As the market is closed right now, I'm more concerned with ForexCharts as there is much more historical data...

Will installing 6.5.1000.1 over 6.5.1000.2 cause any problems?

Comment

>> Any idea on the ForexCharts issue?
        Sorry no

>> Will installing 6.5.1000.1 over 6.5.1000.2 cause any problems?
        no

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          >> Any idea on the ForexCharts issue?
          Sorry no
          I'll try installing NT on a different computer and see if I have the same problem

>> Will installing 6.5.1000.1 over 6.5.1000.2 cause any problems?
          no
          It won't let me do it. Oh well.

I'll keep playing around with it I guess.

Comment

>> Unable to locate ESignal installation directory.
            This error is the result of a corrupted eSignal installation. Please re-install the eSignal application (not sure if FoexChart is a 100% equivalent to that)

Comment

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ForexCharts and I still get the same error.

I also tried installing NT on a different computer with ForexCharts and it was the same thing although the program itself functions fine and connects to eSignal without issue.

Is there a default dir that NT looks for?

The program installs to 'C:\Program Files\ForexCharts' so if it is looking for an eSignal dir, maybe thats why it can't find it? Although that doesn't explain why it worked before.

If the problem persists I'll contact GAIN later today during support hours.

Comment

Elliot ,the problem is from GAIN ,in last 2 Saturdays GAIN don't work so just wait until tomorow.

Comment

I can connect to Gain now , but I still get the ForexCharts error.

Comment

Please install the eSignal app in order to connect to eSignal. NT does not support ForexChart. It may or may not work.

Comment

NT does not support ForexChart
                      I hope you support ForexCharts

NOTE: Customers who open with $1000 or more and trade 1 standard lot (or 10 mini lots) per month will qualify for free historical data from eSignal for use with NinjaTrader charting. If you are interested in the eSignal offering please click the following link:

I think I know what the problem is. though...

My eSignal ForexCharts package was though QuestradeFX and after two weeks of waiting for my 'rebranding' paperwork to be processed (I was assured by Gain that the fact my acct was with Questrade wouldn't be an issue), I contact them and they then told me I couldn't do it.

Since my account was never 'rebranded' for NT, I never traded with it (as if I'd ever use some garbage java platform, when I have Ninja)

After reading this, I guess I was 'cut off' around the start of the month, which is about when the problem started.

For continued access to ForexCharts by eSignal, you must execute at least 10 round trip mini lots or the equivalent per calendar month and maintain a minimum of $1,000 in your account. We will reevaluate your eligibility at the end of each calendar month. Accounts that do not meet the minimum requirement will be denied access to ForexCharts by eSignal.

http://www.efxnow.com/genr/advancedget.html?brand=NIJA
                      (I wonder what happens if you sign up on the last day of the month, will they cut you off on the first? )

I've opened a new account directly with Gain and I've resent my 'rebranding' paperwork so hopefully I'll be up and running with my new acct # soon and will be able to re-sign up for a new ForexCharts subscription.
                      Last edited by Elliott Wave; 05-03-2008, 11:25 PM.

Comment

NT only was tested against eSignal app. Please install eSignal app in order to connect to eSignal.

Comment

I installed it earlier and it wouldn't connect, but it has now, and seems to be working for the moment.

Its possible eSignals IP address is on the block list for PeerGuardian, so that could have been a contributing factor as well. When I started the program I noticed "Data Broadcasting Corporation" was being blocked. Odd.

eSignal, Advanced GET and ForexCharts all use the same data manager application and servers so if it doesn't currently work, hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult to support in the future. The biggest issue seemed to be it kept looking for the eSignal dir, when if it checked the ForexCharts dir it may have found what it needed.

It doesn't matter what app I have to install as long as the data works in NT,

Also I guess once I have all the historical data for the major pairs saved, the basic GAIN feed should be sufficient in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                          172 responses
                          0 likes