Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Order Entry on Bar Close

Hi

In my trading I like to open orders manually (market orders) on the close of certain bars, however when the market is moving fast on small time frames like CRB's or Tick Charts this can result in getting filled several pips late.

Is it possible to have an indicator, ATM Strategy, or Strategy that would enable me to do the following for example:-

1) I see a Bar I like that relates to one of my set ups
    2) I push a button for either "Buy" or "Sell" on the Chart (which relates to the current bar) and on the close of that bar a Market order is immediately opened in the correct direction and my ATM strategy is executed.

When I talk above about "an order is opened in the correct direction", I mean if I hit "Sell" then it would only open a Market order if that bars close was below the open and vice versa in a Long Set up

The only other condition would be that if the selected bar chosen to open a market order did not comply with the rules on the close, then everything would be canceled and reset and you would need to hit the "Buy or Sell" buttons again to start the process off once more

Seems simple enough and I have no doubt it could easily be done, I just don't know how

Thanks
    Last edited by ab1000; 05-30-2015, 04:02 AM.

Hello ab1000,

Thank you for your post.

This could be built, but the button for buy or sell would be unsupported. There is however a similar example available in the file sharing section of the forum. You can find it at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=5&linkid=490
    Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello ab1000,

I have delete the other threads you started on this item. In the future, please create one thread for a single inquiry.

Comment

Thanks Patrick

I started the other threads as I wasn't sure which section this applied too, but thanks for tidying up!

So can you clarify then, are you saying you can code this for me, but I would need to find out elsewhere how to add the buttons?

Appreciate the link to the other thread, I had seen this one and it looks perfect as a template, but I believe it still requires a degree of programming to turn it into what I'm after, so are you able to put my ideas within this and make it function as I have described

Many Thanks
        Last edited by ab1000; 05-30-2015, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Patrick was only stating that this could be created, through support we are unable to create custom NinjaScript content for users but we can assist in your learning and provide samples of code when needed.

He had also mentioned the buttons would be a unsupported item. This only means that NinjaTrader support does not directly support this type of programming because it is not in the ninjascript documentation (items known to work), this would be accomplished using standard C# programming but is on the more complicated side so it is unsupported.

That being said, there are other sources that do create NinjaScript items for you. These would be third party programmers who you would hire to create content for you. If you need more information on this please feel free to email our platform support [@] ninjatrader.com and we can provide more information.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tick Counter

Hi Jesse

OK I understand, I have another idea.........

Would it be possible to make the "Tick Counter" indicator work, that is standard in Ninja Trader, so it reads my CRB bars? That would be a simple quick solution for me, ie something that would show me on the chart how many pips there are left on the current bar before it closes. I'm using the 5 digit setting for FX in the options, ie "Tenths"

Currently it says on the chart that I need Ticks and it won't therefore work.

So there's no confusion I'm asking if someone can do it for me as I don't know how to. Its not what I really want in comparison to the Market order entry solution, but it sure would be a big help until I work out how I'm going to do that.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

It is certainly possible to make a copy of the tick counter that can be edited so that is not an issue.

The TickCounter indicator specifically has a check to make sure it only works on tick charts that have a set number of ticks per bar.

If the custom bar type you are using falls in that category (X ticks per bar), I would say it is certainly possible for someone to modify this for you.

Otherwise, if there is a unknown amount of ticks per bar like a Renko chart, there would be no count to finish the tick counter as it is unknown.

I am unsure if any premade item exists like this already for custom bar types, if there are, I would ask any forum members that do know, please post on this if you can.

Comment

Dear ab1000,

We have developed a special NinjaTrader Trading Framework (AlgoTrader) that is fully capable to execute your custom entry rule (created with NinjaTrader Wizard) or any other signal as well.

You can easily manage the orders manually or attach an advanced ATM Strategy using our ATM Template Builder module.

Our Wizard bridge is disabled yet - because we have further developement ideas - but we can offer a simplified solution for you for Free, if you become our Lifetime License owner.

Please check our website:

and contact me if you are interested in this solution.

Best Regards

Lorant Vari
                Founder,CEO

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
                  Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

It is certainly possible to make a copy of the tick counter that can be edited so that is not an issue.

The TickCounter indicator specifically has a check to make sure it only works on tick charts that have a set number of ticks per bar.

If the custom bar type you are using falls in that category (X ticks per bar), I would say it is certainly possible for someone to modify this for you.

Otherwise, if there is a unknown amount of ticks per bar like a Renko chart, there would be no count to finish the tick counter as it is unknown.

I am unsure if any premade item exists like this already for custom bar types, if there are, I would ask any forum members that do know, please post on this if you can.

Hi Jesse

The bars I use are CRB's, Constant Range Bars, there measurement is pips, so a bar that is say a CRB 5 bar means every-time a bar containing 5 pips of movement in its entire length it then finishes and starts a new one, so all bars on the chart in this example are 5 pips in length, obviously I'm using 10ths for FX, so therefore each bar is 5 x 10 = 50 tenths.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes in this case, the standard TickCounter would most likely be trouble to modify for this. Because it is a Range (unknown amount of ticks to complete this range) there is not a finite count of ticks to count to. Only bar types such as a 100 tick chart, would be able to count ticks as there is the possibility from 0 to 100 ticks in that bar.

Instead, someone may be able to come up with a percentage of range complete using the current price and the target price of the next given range bar. That is just an idea, I would not be surprised if something like that already exists. I did look through the indicators in the forum but did not see anything right away, you might want to look through and see if you can locate an item that includes this for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes in this case, the standard TickCounter would most likely be trouble to modify for this. Because it is a Range (unknown amount of ticks to complete this range) there is not a finite count of ticks to count to. Only bar types such as a 100 tick chart, would be able to count ticks as there is the possibility from 0 to 100 ticks in that bar.

Instead, someone may be able to come up with a percentage of range complete using the current price and the target price of the next given range bar. That is just an idea, I would not be surprised if something like that already exists. I did look through the indicators in the forum but did not see anything right away, you might want to look through and see if you can locate an item that includes this for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

Hi Jesse

I did an internet search after your last comment and it lead me right back to this forum where I found out that in the standard indicators included there is already a Range Bar Counter, works well !

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Excellent,
                        Yes Sometimes the Internet does a better job of Search than the forum here so it looks like that was the way to go. Glad you located that, I will mark this as resolved.

Comment

Hello,

Excellent,
                          Yes Sometimes the Internet does a better job of Search than the forum here so it looks like that was the way to go. Glad you located that, I will mark this as resolved.

Hi Jesse

I still want to develop the Buy Sell button idea with a market order, can you advise me either on here or by email in regards to anyone that can do this for me.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I myself can not advise on that, but if you send a message to platform support [@] ninjatrader.com, these requests get forward to our business department who can assist in providing information on developers and third parties.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DynamicTest  
                            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes