Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order execution on daily bars

Hi,
    I using EnterLongLimit to put a limit order (sometimes marketable) at the close of daily bar.
    Can you please tell me when in real time will the order be sent, when will it execute, and for how long will it be alive when using the managed environment?
    I using daily bars from IQFeed, and for example running on ES.

Thank you.

Hello orenshkol,

Thank you for your post.

When connected to your brokerage connection in NinjaTrader the order will be sent to the broker immediately. You will need to check with your broker if they support a Time In Force of GTC (good til cancel) to ensure the order stays on over night.

To avoid the limit order cancelling on the next bar in NinjaScript, you would use the liveUntilCancelled bool set to True.

For example, the syntax from the help guide is:
    EnterLongLimit(int barsInProgressIndex, bool liveUntilCancelled, int quantity, double limitPrice, string signalName)
    Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I see, please answer my question assuming I'm using GTC, CalculateOnBarClose = true, the syntax
      EnterLongLimit(int quantity, double limitPrice, string signalName), and daily bars.

Comment

Hello orenshkol,

Thank you for your response.

I see, please answer my question assuming I'm using GTC, CalculateOnBarClose = true, the syntax
        EnterLongLimit(int quantity, double limitPrice, string signalName), and daily bars.
        You would need to use the following syntax with liveUntilCancelled set to True.
        EnterLongLimit(int barsInProgressIndex, bool liveUntilCancelled, int quantity, double limitPrice, string signalName)

Comment

Let me be more clear. I wish to understand exactly what happens to the order in the following scenario:

I put EnterLongLimit(int quantity, double limitPrice, string signalName) at the end of a daily with IQFeed as provider on ES and with GTC and CalculateOnBarClose = true.
          When will the order be sent, when will it be executed, and when will it be canceled.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello orenshkol,

Thank you for your response.

It would be sent immediately, it would need to fill on the next bar, or it will be cancelled at the end of the next bar.

Comment

Thank you,
              Can you please tell me in what hour will the order be sent and when it will be executed if I use ES daily bars with IQFeed as a data provider?

Comment

Hello orenshkol,

The order would be sent when you place it. I cannot guarantee when it will fill if at all.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DynamicTest  
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ScottWalsh