Trade simulator data question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade simulator data question

Hello, I have a few questions about the trade simulation. I currently do not have any trial or paid for data feeds; I'd just like to use the trade simulator and the data it generates. I finally, after about 15 minutes of letting it run, have data showing up on my chart. My question is, can I have the data it generates saved when I have it running, so I don't have to wait forever to practice trading via the chart when I want to? Thanks so much.

Hello,

There is not a way to store data generated by the Simulated Data Feed as historical data, since this is not truly historical market data. Further, any time that you connect to a live data feed, any data plotted by the Simulated Data Feed will be overwritten.

Also, please note that the Simulated Data Feed generates completely random, fake data. I highly recommend against using this to practice trading, because this data is not driven by true market forces, and is not indicative of the way that markets actually work. This data feed is intended to be used to test out the various features of the NinjaTrader platform, but not for trading practice.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
    16 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post z.franck  
    Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes