Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to MBTrading

NT v. 7.0.1027 MBT v. 11.9.0.51

This problem may have begun because I chose to have MBT Desktop open at startup. NT would not open at all, and I went to the NT config file and changed "connectatstartup" to false, and NT opens now. But I'm still unable to connect to MBT. Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect, or what do you experiencing when attempting to connect?
    The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to MB Trading and specific connection configuration information.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...nnection-Guide
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi. The normal window comes up saying "connecting to perms," then a window periodically comes up saying "cannot connect to order server." I have gone through the connection set up process, re-entered my password, and checked my quote preferences at MBT. This problem seemed to come up after I set my connection to MBT to "connect at startup." I was unable to open NT at all yesterday afternoon. I went in to the NT config file and changed "connectatstartup" from true to false and that enabled me to open NT, but nothing happens on the MBT side now. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

This error sounds related to a connection issue. To test, please restart your PC, modem and router. In addition, please ad NinjaTrader as an exception to any firewall or virus protection software on your PC.

Let me know if you see the same behavior after taking these steps.

Comment

As to your earlier question, no error message appears. I have done the things you suggested, to no avail, but now I'm wondering if this isn't an issue with MBT, not NT. I opened the MBT desktop with NT closed, and it opened, connected me to quotes, but not to the order server. No accounts showed up. So I assume I should be talking to them, is this correct? Thanks.

Comment

Hello alanack,

Thanks for trying that. Yes, based on what you're describing, I would suggest resolving the issues with MB Desktop prior to connecting it for use with NinjaTrader.

Comment

I had the same problem. Got off the phone with MBT support 5 minutes ago and they were able to fix the problem after about 20 minutes. they didnt say what it was only that it was a connection issue on their side.
              Interesting to note that they no longer have the MBT desktop software listed on the their website and the tech support person stated that they only support it for NJT.

Comment

While we are on the subject Any chance that NJT could be run using the MBT desktop PRO software, either now or in the future?

Comment

Hello dtf139,
                  Thank you for the follow up; glad to hear you got it connected. It may be possible to run the Pro version of MBT, but at this time our testing is only with the supported-version offered. However, our development team will continue to look at supporting later version in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by dtf139 View Post
                    While we are on the subject Any chance that NJT could be run using the MBT desktop PRO software, either now or in the future?
                    ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=73775

Comment

Thanks for the link koganam. I tried downloading the NT8 beta but it asks for a password. I assume you have to be signed up as a beta tester?

Comment

Originally posted by dtf139 View Post
                        Thanks for the link koganam. I tried downloading the NT8 beta but it asks for a password. I assume you have to be signed up as a beta tester?
                        Yes, you do.

I was just answering your question: "Any chance that NJT could be run using the MBT desktop PRO software, either now or in the future?" So now you know that it will be available in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by md4866, 05-01-2024, 08:15 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post md4866
                        by md4866

Started by samish18, Today, 12:20 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes