Missing Data!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Data!

hello I just started up my NT platform and Im missing data on my 1 min charting starting from yesterday at 8am. The reload button is grayed; so I cant use it. Any reason why Im missing data from 8am to close of yesterday?

Thanks

Who is your provider and what instruments?

Comment

CQG

CL, YM, 6E, HG...

Thnx

Comment

Hello bdelorm,

Thank you for your post.

The data is not loaded on the chart and likely you were not connected to the historical server during maintenance. Please restart NinjaTrader and test the connection and charts again. If you still do not see data, check the Log tab for any errors.

Comment

I was watching this thread yesterday (Saturday, late EST evening) given too my NT7 though seeming loading was not pulling *all* historical data, and, was seemingly behaving and pulling different data on each restart of NT7: initially it did not pull any Friday June 5 data, showing historical data up until June 4th. Then, after I cleared all historical data from the \db subdirectories (I actually rename them initially, just in case I need to bring them back), it pulled no historical data from the server, with the log tab and trace file recording the following error:
          2015-06-06 20:44:27:301 Server.Client.Loop0-0: HDS3.NinjaTrader.com/31654 isReconnecting=False
          2015-06-06 20:44:27:457 Server.Client.Loop1-0
          2015-06-06 20:44:27:457 Server.Client.Connect2015-06-06 20:44:48:565 ERROR: Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (HDS8.NinjaTrader.com/31654): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 199.30.197.94:31654

I was certain there were no internet/routing/DNS issues at my home. I had a colleague with another NT7 license, on the same Toronto/Canada-wide ISP (rogers.com) use both my primary and secondary AMP account logins to connect, and it completely worked properly for him, with him able to connect to the historical servers flawlessly. Then, I tried connecting via my same physical PC using the same primary & secondary accounts via a Oracle VM Virtualbox, and I was able to pull all historical data, right up to the Friday June 5th close, with no occurence of the error message above.

This made no sense to me, and in frustration and despair called it a night after hours of troubleshooting. I was under the impression that perhaps my (main install) NinjaTrader.sdf and all historical trades, templates, etc that is stored in it was pooched. It was not a pleasant sleep for me.

Yet, I wake up Sunday morning, and thankfully, my NT7 connects properly and pulls all historical data.

The ordeal was fairly frustrating and despairing; I have done chart-work Saturday evenings, and if indeed the Ninjatrader in-house CQG data servers go offline, I was not impacted during that timeframe previously. (I realize that if I connect much earlier in the day, stay connected via NT7 to my broker, and the NT historical servers go offline in for hours in the meantime, I will not see or "feel" that.)

A quick check of the TRACE file for the session that was able to connect, seems to reveal it was connecting to different data and/or historical servers, HDS2/HDS10, while my unsuccessful connects (1st log file post above) were to HDS8 (and HDS3):
          2015-06-06 22:24:40:925 Server.Client.Connect
          2015-06-06 22:24:40:941 Server.Client.Loop0-0: HDS2.NinjaTrader.com/31654 isReconnecting=False
          2015-06-06 22:24:41:066 Server.Client.Connect
          2015-06-06 22:24:41:066 Server.Client.Loop1-0
          2015-06-06 22:24:41:066 Server.Client.Loop0-0: HDS10.NinjaTrader.com/31654 isReconnecting=False

How is this determined? Am I able to change where NT7 connects to?
          What are the maintenance hours? Are they posted somewhere? I understand one-offs to repair or correct incorrectly recorded data, but, if there is some sort of a notification mechanism or status page, that would save a lot of grief. And, none of that still explains why my VM session on my same physical machine, using the same accounts and connection mechanism, seeming was able to pull historical data, via the same IP and internet provider.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20150608.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20150608.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
            Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888