Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show backtest trade with indicators

Hi,

Right now when I right click on trade and click "chart", after the backtest, then I can see that particular trade.

But I would like to see individual trades with strategy indicators.

How can I do that?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

In the strategy, are you only referencing the indicators when used in the condition or have you used the Add() statement in Initialize to actually add the indicators to the chart?

If you have not used the Add() statement the indicators would be used for calculations but not visual.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for the question.

In the strategy, are you only referencing the indicators when used in the condition or have you used the Add() statement in Initialize to actually add the indicators to the chart?

If you have not used the Add() statement the indicators would be used for calculations but not visual.

That I have in place.

I have made some screenshots to explain what I mean.

When you look at the image "Analyze 1" then you see a trade and my BollingerBands after the backtest. That is when I use the Chart tab to view the trades.

On image "Analyse 2" I'm opening the individual trader from the Trade tab and then right click on the trade and then "chart". And then the Bollinger Band is not present plus it is not possible to add any indicators there.

But I would like to see Bollinger Bands also on the second image "Analyse 2"
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

Now that I know this is in the chart that you pull up from the actual test and not a chart window, this would actually not be able to display indicators.

This is a limited chart window which will only display the executions for the test and also allows you to mark the chart with drawing objects. Unfortunately I do not believe there is anyway around this as this is how this specific chart window was designed. I believe this was designed this way for performance, if this chart did load indicators there could be the possibility of slow loading or errors because it is not a true chart window.

Comment

Hi,

Ok. But is there a way to jump between the trades on the image "Analyser 1"?

As scrolling is just killing me when I want to go through years of 15min data.

Comment

Hello,

Looking into this further,

The Trades tab chart specifically does not have indicators or the menu to allow you to draw indicators.
            The Executions tab chart actually does show the indicators and allows access to the indicators panel.

I am unsure what the difference between these two charts is or the reason one has this and one does not but it appears you can view the indicators if you go to the other tab instead.

This is an item that has been noted for future versions so this should be resolved for consistency in upcoming releases of NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Davidtowleii  
            Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes