Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cannot repair NTDatabase if NT will not start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot repair NTDatabase if NT will not start!

The picture tells an interesting story that is frustrating. If NT will not start, there is no way to run the "repair utility" to repair the database!

Albeit this is on NT7, can we please ensure that on NT8, we have a more appropriate call to action. Let that dialog instruct us to delete the database, as it can no longer be used, or repaired using NT.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you very much for pointing this out. I'll make sure the team is aware of the issue and your suggestion for improvement.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DaveI View Post
      Hello,

Thank you very much for pointing this out. I'll make sure the team is aware of the issue and your suggestion for improvement.
      Unfortunately, this is STILL the case in NT8 - I got messages about running 'the utility' (unknown location? not in Programs/NT8/bin ?) ... and it wont start .. Please resolve this really!!!

Comment

We advise that you rename your database to resolve this item using the following steps :
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
        • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
        • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
        • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
        • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...up_archive.htm

Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post junkone
        by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
        12 responses
        0 likes