Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated Strategy

Hello all,
    I have an automated strategy that will create and manage trades but sometimes I want to adjust the target and stops.

I tried creating another chart using Chart Trader but the orders do not show on that chart either. Is there a way to see the orders so they can be adjusted during a live trade.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

When using an Automated Strategy, in general if the account is selected in the chart trader you can see its orders but it is not recommend to manually modify any orders it places because ultimately the strategy will not be aware of these modifications.

Additionally if you try to close an order the strategy makes it will stop the strategy as you are no longer automatically trading.

If you need to manually modify orders It would be recommended instead to use a manual order entry approach such as an ATM strategy to prevent errors or unwanted positions due to the strategy not being aware of the changes.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your response. I guess I want the best of both worlds (and why not). I want the automated strategy to create the order and place the target/stop automatically but I should be able to tweak them.

If I manually place an ATM then how could I get the "automated" strategy to trigger the trade. Could I turn off the strategy and take control of the currently placed target/stops?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

If you were to disable the strategy it would actually close the positions because you are no longer using the strategy so this would not work for you.

One option you could look into is an Automated Strategy that uses ATM strategies. This would be a more acceptable approach for what you are trying to do.

There is more information located here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...gy_methods.htm

You can also try and see the code for one of these by going to Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Strategy -> SampleATMStrategy

The sample has a crossover condition so you would need to locate a time where that happens in realtime, also you would need to read the comments in the file and create an ATM strategy with the name specified in the comments.

The ATM strategy essentially works the same as it normally would and could be viewed in a chart if needed. The difference is how the actual NinjaScript strategy is programmed and how it works.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post loganjarosz123  
        Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes