Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template ''marker''

Hello,All,

i have templates saved as 1,2,3,4,5...but,as long as the indicators labels re-moved,i need some sort of the ''marker'',to be able to visibly recognize if it`s 1,2,3 or whatever the templat is on my chart now.Is there some handy way to accomplish that?

Thanks

Hi outsource, thanks for your post:

One idea: if you aren't currently using the Window Linking feature, you could assign each of your chart windows a window linking color to distinguish them.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_windows.htm

You might also set a chart label for each chart. You can do that by right-clicking on your chart, then left-clicking on the Data Series button, then changing the 'Label' property to anything you'd like to display at the top of the chart window.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
      Hi outsource, thanks for your post:

One idea: if you aren't currently using the Window Linking feature, you could assign each of your chart windows a window linking color to distinguish them.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_windows.htm

You might also set a chart label for each chart. You can do that by right-clicking on your chart, then left-clicking on the Data Series button, then changing the 'Label' property to anything you'd like to display at the top of the chart window.
      Hi Alex,thanks for your reply,

i don`t use many charts,i use one chart only and switch between templates.for the second idea,when i put something in the Label field,it adss up some other extra info,as to instrument,settings,etc...I`d like to see just the thing i add to the field.So if i add ''1'',then i want to see ''1'' only.Is it possible?

Comment

Hi outsource, thanks for your reply.

If you just put '1' in your Label field, then it will erase the instrument label, but the interval and date labels will remain. There is not actually a way to get rid of those, so there will always be something other than your specified number showing at the top of the chart.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
          Hi outsource, thanks for your reply.

If you just put '1' in your Label field, then it will erase the instrument label, but the interval and date labels will remain. There is not actually a way to get rid of those, so there will always be something other than your specified number showing at the top of the chart.
          so there`s no workaround?Maybe to create some fake indicatror wich wouldn`t contain the interval and date data?

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Possibly, but I would need to have a NinjaScript representative follow up with you on that. I'll run this by one of them when they return to the office tomorrow and see what they say about it.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

For chart templates, there is not really anywhere in the chart where you can see which template was selected, the template selection seems to only apply the settings to the chart by reading the xml in the template file but does not set any value we could read later.

For this, because there is no property or even a control to access in an unsupported way, it would likely require using a support Indicator.

A simple way to make this would be to create a single indicator with an int or string input.

You could then add this indicator in each chart template that you use.

For each template, you would configure this indicators input value as the template name or int number value.

In the indicator its self you could use DrawTextFixed or simply return the value of the input as the ToString so the label would become variable depending on what you enter into the input which is based on the saved chart template settings.

Here is a simple example using the label of the indicator:

Code:
              private string templateName = "";

[Description("Template Selection")]
              [GridCategory("Parameters")]
              public string TemplateName
              {
                      get { return templateName; }
                      set { templateName =value; }
              }
              public override string ToString()
              {
              	return TemplateName;
              }
              I look forward to being of further assistance.
              JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
                Hello,

Thank you for the question.

For chart templates, there is not really anywhere in the chart where you can see which template was selected, the template selection seems to only apply the settings to the chart by reading the xml in the template file but does not set any value we could read later.

For this, because there is no property or even a control to access in an unsupported way, it would likely require using a support Indicator.

A simple way to make this would be to create a single indicator with an int or string input.

You could then add this indicator in each chart template that you use.

For each template, you would configure this indicators input value as the template name or int number value.

In the indicator its self you could use DrawTextFixed or simply return the value of the input as the ToString so the label would become variable depending on what you enter into the input which is based on the saved chart template settings.

Here is a simple example using the label of the indicator:

Code:

{
                }
                {
                	return TemplateName;
                }
                Hi Jesse,

so i just put these parts in proper place in the indicator and the print the name for each instancies,right?

Comment

Hello,

Yes using that example, so long as the script compiles where you place it, that would be all that is required.

All that is doing is changing the indicators default Label you see in the chart to what you set in the indicators properties, which is serialized with the charts template.

Get your chart ready and add the indicator then set the value in the indicator.
                  Save the template and do the same process for each, each template will update the indicators settings to reflect what you typed in.

do that in each template and it will change each time you change the template and you never have to mess with it again.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
                    Hello,

Yes using that example, so long as the script compiles where you place it, that would be all that is required.

All that is doing is changing the indicators default Label you see in the chart to what you set in the indicators properties, which is serialized with the charts template.

Get your chart ready and add the indicator then set the value in the indicator.
                    Save the template and do the same process for each, each template will update the indicators settings to reflect what you typed in.

do that in each template and it will change each time you change the template and you never have to mess with it again.

Hi,Jesse,

no i doesn`t work as expected.It just changes the name of the indicator itself in the indicator window,when i type in the Label field.All the other stuff are still on the chart.

Comment

Hello outsource,

Thank you for your response.

Can you provide the .cs file for the indicator your created with Jesse's suggestions? You can find the .cs file under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                        Hello outsource,

Can you provide the .cs file for the indicator your created with Jesse's suggestions? You can find the .cs file under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator.
                        Hi Patrick,

you`ll find the indicator over there:

Sincerely

Comment

Hello outsource,

I do not see the example Jesse provided implemented into your code.
                          Jesse's example:
                          Code:

{
                          }
                          {
                          	return TemplateName;
                          }

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                            Hello outsource,

I do not see the example Jesse provided implemented into your code.
                            Jesse's example:
                            Code:

{
                            }
                            {
                            	return TemplateName;
                            }
                            i`m sorry,your correct, the snippet isn`t there.But like i said, it doesn`t work as expected.All the extra stuf is still on the chart

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                            Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jeronymite