Historical Data Cache Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data Cache Problem

Hi. I just loaded Ninja onto my new computer, licensed, connected to Rithmic etc. Problem is I'm only getting about 30 days of data when I open a chart. And, when I open a workspace (downloaded several from Golden Zone Trading with their help), it is taking forever for charts to open AND every time I REopen the workspace after closing Ninja the same data is REdownloaded for every chart. Lastly, even with all the waiting around, I'm only getting, as I said, 30 days of data.
    Love my new computer -- top of the line for trading. But I'm not loving Ninja's behavior with these slow and repeating downloads.
    I had someone from Golden Zone helping me and they checked the cache -- sure enough, only 30 days was in there. I understand I should be get a year of tick data AND once the initial download takes place the charts should open quickly since all that data is already in the cache. Such has been my experience in the past and I've been using Ninja for a long time.
    Help please? Thanks very much.
    --david

Hi TakingStock12, thanks for your post.

If you right-click on one of your charts in question, then left-click the 'Data Series' button, what value is your 'Days to load' property set to on the right hand panel on the Data Series window?

Are you running any autobackup programs on your PC, such as Mozy or Carbonite?
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

I have 100 days to load input under Data Series. I am not running any auto-backup programs -- brand new computer from Falcon and I'm keeping it pristine, clean of any additional programs other than Ninja.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

You mentioned you were using some workspaces from Golden Zone Trading. If you use a blank workspace and a new chart with no indicators or templates applied, do you experience the same?

To open a new workspace, navigate to the Control Center > File > Workspaces > New Workspace button.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Yes, just tried that. Created new workspace, created a couple of charts both with 100 days in Data Series. They both only go back to 27 April.

Comment

Let's try repairing your installation and see if that helps. At the very least it will rule out issues with your installation.

Please download the NinjaTrader installer here:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Once downloaded, run the installer and select the 'Repair' option once prompted by the installer.

Comment

Trying not to be too dense here but need just a little clarification. So you want me to re-download the Ninja platform and an option to repair the Ninjatrader platform already on my computer already will present itself?

Comment

When you download and run the installer I mentioned, the installer will present you with two options: 'Remove' and 'Repair'. You will want to select 'Repair'.

Comment

One more tiny bit of clarity needed ... the link takes me to the Ninja platform download page ... so, I input my license, left click latest version, then hit "run", yes?
                  I just can't remember ever seeing a remove or repair option the many times I downloaded Ninja over the years. Just want to make sure I'm doing what you asked ... sorry for the need for the further assurance that this is what you want me to do.
                  Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply, and definitely not a problem.

That's correct, though the link you'd click on after you input your license key on that page will say "7.0.1000.27 (Current).", not run.

You might have never seen the 'Repair' or 'Remove' options previously because they only appear on the installer if an existing installation of NinjaTrader is detected. If you've never had to repair your installation, that could definitely explain that.

Comment

Thanks! OK ... ran the installer and selected repair and it completed doing it's thing very quickly. Should I restart Ninja and see what happens to my charts or .... ?

Comment

Yes, give that a try and see if it behaves as you'd expect then.

Comment

Rebooted Ninja (not the computer) ... charts came up but still showing just 30 days of data (I double checked Data Series to make sure it still said 100 days). What else can we try please?

Comment

From here, I'd like to take a look at your log, trace, and configuration files.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

* The log file will be named "log.20150611.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named "trace.20150611.txt"

You will find the configuration file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder.

* The configuration file will be named "config.xml"

Please send these files attached in an email message to platformsupport AT ninjatrader DOT com. In the body of the message, please include the following URL: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=75016

Comment

Just emailed the requested docs to platform support .... included the url.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920  
                              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920