Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum - Unable to Connect to NT data server

Hello,

This morning I attempted to load historical tick data and NT froze during the process. After closing and launching NT again, every time I clicked on the download historical data button the download started and ended within a second. Looking through the log, it says "unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server: a connection attempt failed because the connected host has failed to respond [IP address]. I've tried resetting my instruments, but that did not seem to help. Any suggestions? Thanks!

EDIT: My log is also showing the error "CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve could not be resolved."
    Last edited by Elynt; 06-13-2015, 04:28 PM.

Hello Elynt,

Thank you for your note.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference this thread in the body of the e-mail: 'http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=75084'

Comment

Done! Let me know if you require any other documentation.

Comment

I also have this problem since yesterday, I’m using Continuum and can’t download historical data after connection.

The following messages copied from control center, log tab:

“Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (HDS2.NinjaTrader.com/31654): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 208.48.16.140:31654”

The second server was able to connect:
        “Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (HDS7.NinjaTrader.com/31654)”

Comment

Hi, thanks for your post.

I recommend the following steps to resolve:

Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.
          You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.
          Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

After this is done:

* If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
          * Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7 folder.
          * Restart your modem and (if applicable) router, then test to see if you experience the same.
          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hello Alex and Chris,

Adjusting the clock to time.nist.gov seemed to solve the problem. Everything is working perfectly again. I appreciate the help!

Best

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Belfortbucks  
            Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes