Interactive Brokers Delayed Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers Delayed Data

I am trying to chart in NinjaTrader the data from Interactive Brokers that is delayed i.e. I have not subscribed to realtime data. From reading 18mth+ old posts it seems that NT will not accept delayed data from Interactive Brokers. Is this still the case?

If so then is it possible to somehow utilise the Account Connection backup datafeed? So when Interactive Brokers does not have realtime data it uses the backup feed. I have tried setting Kinetick as the backup but I still get the error. Is there a way to utilise Interactive Brokers for realtime data and an alternative source for other delayed data?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Hello GlennL,

Thank you for your post.

The delayed data would not be available. You would need a real-time subscription for real-time data. If you are setting Kinetick as the back up, do you have a subscription to Kinetick?

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      At the moment I do not have a subscription. I am not after realtime data at this stage, just delayed or even end of day data. I don't understand why delayed data is not available.
      Before I invest in subscriptions I like to see how things work. My understanding is that Kinetick is free for EOD and yet nothing is coming through when I set it up as the backup for Interactive Brokers. Should it be?

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The backup connection will only work if you lose connectivity to your primary datafeed. Would I would suggest is disconnecting from Interactive Brokers, then connect to Kinetick End-of-Day. If you open a chart with an interval of Daily or higher while connected to Kinetick End-of-Day, you should see data as expected. Note, this data will not update in real-time.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred