Bad latency Australia to North America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad latency Australia to North America

Large latency. You put in a limit or stop order and ninja freezes it. Or you can adjust it and shows up as an orange color on the chart. Or during trading you wanted to adjust stop for example and it freezes on you, market passes it through and knock you out on the original stop. You know what I mean. Can’t trade. To get it cleared ninja needs to be disconnected and connected again, takes a lot of time and may not fix your next order at all.
    There is a fix so just hold on.
    You have or will contact your broker and ninja techs but nothing is working and you are told you have an internet problem. Large latency. Problem is that I have moved from U.S to Australia I think even worse than that because I moved to Tasmania which is south of Australia.
    Options:
    1. Get broker’s relocating service, computer in a cloud
    2. Get an Aussy account, not easy for foreners I tell you
    3. Follow my fix if you want to see if that works for you
    The fix is to NOT synchronize your comp. with already delayed internet as ninja does not like it:
    What follows now mostlikly you have done but, please read to the end of this paragraph as there is a twist in the story coming and I bet you may not have done it.
    1. Make sure your bios battery is good and holding or replace it.
    2. Go to your comp. bios time set and set it manually to your location setting from www.time.is don’t worry too much here, try to be precise as much as you can watching another comp. screen
    3. Download/install atomic clock from desktop gadgets. Setup your location in there.
    4. Now another crucial part. Go to your comp. time adjustment and go to automatic synchronization with internet server and put check mark to synchronize with internet and click update.
    5. Take a look at your atomic clock gadget, it may show 2000ms discrepancy, that’s ok for now although not good for later
    6. Close and open web browser to your www.time.is and read the clock
    If shows your time is exact you are almost done
    A. Go back to your comp. time adjust and take the check mark out from synchronize with internet, No sink with internet is the key. You are done. After some time even the atomic clock will show good sink like -30ms or 100ms, something like that
    If www.time.is shows otherwise, more work to do.
    a. Turn your comp. off for 10sec. Get it back on and repeat the whole procedure from above. Usually it works now. Just remember no sink with internet when you go trading!
    Good luck

Hello Bodziu,

Thank you for sharing the steps to solve the latency issue you had.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post sarafuenonly123  
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes