Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using Ruler without selecting price bars first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Ruler without selecting price bars first?

I'll swear I used to be able to use the Ruler tool without first having to select the price bars. Now it seems I must 1)select the Ruler tool and then 2) select the bars and then 3) draw the price distance.
    anyone who can clarify my memory or how to go directly to drawing with the Ruler.

My data series as normal is in panel 1.

Thanks.

Hello,

You should not have to select the actual price bars, but the process does require three clicks. You should be able to first click anywhere in the chart, then click again at the end point of the measuring distance, then click once more where you'd like to place the little box.

Your snap mode might be the cause of the issue. If your snap mode is set to "Bar and Price," then it can appear that you must select the bars, rather than choosing any point in the chart to begin drawing.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

thank you.
      snap was set to "bar." I just tried it disabled, price and got same behavior.

My problem is on the ES futures contract. when I use a QM (mini crude), it seems to work normally. Snap is also set to "bar".

??

Comment

Hello,

That certainly does seem unexpected. I would like to schedule a remote support session with you today, so that I can log in to your PC and see exactly what is happening. I just need a few things from you beforehand. Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the information below, and reference ticket # 1335913.

* A time window where I can log in to your PC (please include a time zone)
        * Shortly before our scheduled time, please launch our remote support application from the following link, https://www.ninjatrader.com/support/...rtLauncher.exe . Once launched, the application will provide you with an ID# and password. Please email these numbers to me, and I will be able to connect. Keep the program running for me to connect.

I look forward to your reply.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you.
          Let me hold off on your offer for now. I've had some other issues recently and was suggested that I reinstall NT. I'll do that and if problem persist will send a platform support email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post lorem
          by lorem

Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes