Charting IB Forex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting IB Forex

I am new and have been able to chart futures and stocks but so far no Forex.
    I have a datafeed from Interactive Brokers.
    When I create a New Chart for $AUDUSD under FOREX, I get a blank chart....no errors.
    I try reloading all historical data but nothing, just a blank chart.
    I try changing to different timeframes but still just a blank chart.
    I have also tried the Euro and the pound but still nothing.
    There must be a setting I am missing and yes for the connection I have "Trade Forex" ticked.
    I even tried creating my own symbol and mapping it to the Interactive Brokers IdealPro symbol for AUDUSD but when I click OK, the dialog just throws me out and no symbol is created.

Hello GlennL,

Can you please check what TWS version you have installed. You can check this at Help-->About TradersWorkStation. Could it be you have a different version than 944.3? If so, please install version 944.3. You can download and install TWS 944.3 from the following link.

Please check what NinjaTrader version you have installed as well. You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->Help (7.0.1000.xx). If you do not have our latest version (7.0.1000.27), please download and install it. You can download and install the latest NinjaTrader version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down when installing the new version.

Once you have the latest version installed (or if you already have the latest version installed), please reset the instruments. Start NinjaTrader and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab. Click Reset Instruments and restart NinjaTrader. Check if you now load data in forex charts.

If the issue remains, please check if you are able to load forex charts in TWS.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes I have the correct versions of TWS and NT.
      The reset of the instruments fixed the forex and it all works well. Thanks
      I checked the other problems I have emailed you about and they are still there however.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
      95 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post xiinteractive  
      Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post xiinteractive