Rollover Problems with Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rollover Problems with Charts

Hi. This has happened for the second rollover period in succession. Managed to clear last months problem with charts but not this time. So last night, just prior to the changeover where volume is more on the new contract, I switched all charts over to the 08-15 contract on CL, to avoid the problems of last month where I waited and the charts were just all over the shop. Attached is a 1 Min chart with no template, just neat, showing a dummy trade, the price it registered that trade and the price I'm seeing. So no third party anything on this chart. I have uninstalled NT, deleted the workspaces and reloaded all data of course. No idea what is going on here, all help appreciated, out of action until this is resolved.
    Attached Files

Hi lincor, thanks for your post.

Please navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Options > Data tab and change your 'Merge policy:' setting to 'DoNotMerge'. After this is done, right-click on your chart then left-click 'Reload all Historical Data'.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

OK thanks AlexC....does this mean I leave the merge setting as you described ?

Comment

Hi lincor, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I would recommend doing so. It will cause Futures contracts to not make adjustments when charting to smooth any gaps and so on, which was causing what you were experiencing.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

OK great, thanks AlexC...most helpful and quick response !

Comment

rollover

this was great advice!

Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Gerik