Ticks, AutoTrail, Autobreakeven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticks, AutoTrail, Autobreakeven?

I'm new to daytrading and NinjaTrader and Ninjascript. This is a basic question and I've looked through the NinjaTrader handbook and couldn't find what I was looking for.

From what I can see when I view the video tutorials is that a tick is a .25 increment. What I need to know is if I can place a tick to lets say, .10, .5 or .15? Maybe the tutorial was giving a Futures example?

I will be trading equities and the tick layout is confusing me.

Ex: I buy 200 shares of ABC at 50. I place a stop loss at of .15 (49.85) and a trailing stop of .15 as well. Lets say ABC moves up to 50.10 and I want to at least breakeven including commissions. Is there anyway I can have Ninjascript put an automatic stop at 50.05 while still having a trailing stop to catch an uptrend? Now lets say ABC moves up again to 50.20 and it did not hit my stop at 50.05 can NinjaTrader again move the stop to 50.12? And do I have the option of making the stop a Market or a Limit Stop?

Also, how many trailing stops can I place?

Ex: Say ABC hits 50.30 and I place a stop at 50.20, then hits 50.40 and I have it set to 50.30 etc...
    Last edited by knvb8; 05-06-2008, 11:10 PM.

Hi knvb8,

Ticks are dependent of the instrument type you are trading. For example, a stock would generally have ticks of 0.01 or 1cent. Other instrument types would have different tick sizes. Ticks are basically the smallest tradeable increment difference for the instrument. You can view the tick sizes of your particular instrument in the Instrument Manager.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post XXtrader  
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes