6.5.1000.2 drawing tools weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5.1000.2 drawing tools weirdness

Drawing slightly diagonal lines in the bottom indicator pane, automatically change the line horizontal.

Example 1: Drawing a 1 inch diagonal line going up or down about 10 to 20 degrees, automatically changes the line to a horizontal line on the second click to end the drawing

Example 2: Drawing a small, approximately 1/4 inch line vertically in the bottom indicator pane, the line disappears on the second click.
    Last edited by monpere; 05-07-2008, 01:46 AM.

Hi monpere,

Can you please tell me what drawing tool you exactly use. I tried a "line" and "ray" and they did not convert to a horizontal line upon drawing a diagonal line going up or donw 20 degrees.

In addition, my lines of 1/4 inch do not disappear. Could you please provide me as much information on your steup of your chart, so I can try to reproduce this behavior.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi monpere !

Can you please post us 2 screenshots with the situation ?

First screenshot containing the both cases before you drag/click the end point. Second screenshot containing both cases after you drag/click the end point.

We have a logic in place which alleviates drawing horizontal lines on chart. Maybe you are hit from that logic (case 1 looks like that). Anyway, this should not happen with 10 or 20 degrees lines.

Thanks,
      Christian
      ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

Seems to happen when I use a MACD with small parameters. Try MACD(3,4,5) and try drawing the lines again in the MACD indicator pane.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi monpere !

Example 1: Unfortunately this is a limitation of drawing right now. You can draw lines with any degree, if you first draw a line, and then do the extra click and move the end line to you position you want it to.

Example 2: Can't reproduce, can you please post the helpful screenshots of this example, too ?

Thanks,
          Christian

Comment

Example 2 is better seen with an arrow. When I mark up charts, an arrow with no tail (which looks like a triangle) means something different then an arrow with a long tail. With version 6.5.1000.1, I could draw these with no problem.

Obviously something changed in the code to break the drawing tool. I understand if you say 'unfortunately right now this is not a high priority bug' to fix. But if you are saying 'Unfortunately from now on this is just the way the tool works' then I think there something wrong with that. I should not have to use workarounds to draw a simple line. No other self respecting charting package would say that this is normal behavior for a drawing tool.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi monpere !

Could now reproduce Example 2 also. Thanks for the hints. Same cause: problem with drawing an line with y extension smaller than ticksize / 2. Workaround also, draw a line with some x extension, 'higher' than ticksize/2, then move the one end point.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Forgot to say with my prior post, both items will be fixed with the next major update (NT7) of NinjaTrader.

Kind regards,
              Christian

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post f.saeidi  
              Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:07 PM