• Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 with Intel Compute Stick- It works!

Intel Atom CPU Z3735F @ 1.33GHZ (quad core), retail $149.99
    2 GB ram
    Windows 8.1 w/ Bing, 32 bit.
    wifi and bluetooth and usb.
    and power adapter port (via usb wall adapter )

On stick c:\ drive memory had about 3GB used out of 21.9GB.. With nt 3.7gb used.

Installed NT7.. couldn't install my 1.5 year market replay database as was out of memory with 12 GB file.

Used a 64GB sdxc card (accepts 2gb to 128gb), and mounted the whole d:\ drive as the data... NT wrote a lot of data to c:\ ..\Ninjatrader7\tmp before moving it to the DB folder.

Starting market replay takes a little longer, and loading data takes a little longer, but once everything is loaded it - it appears to run fine. (My setup isn't intensive, and makes only 1 -3 trades a day - if conditions are right).

Wouldn't necessarily recommend it as a live system though.. WiFi only (unless you get a ethernet to USB2 adapter)...
    Used an old usb2 hub laying around to hook up mouse and $3.99 keyboard.

MAX resolution over hdmi , appears to be 1900x1200 for me.. (my monitor is 2560x1600 native). For me, sound is missing as I don't have onboard speakers with this monitor.

I've got about 15 days replayed and it's only using 42% of the 2 GB main memory and appears to be holding steady.

So it's possible - I'm sure there are limits... It does look faster than my live laptop in replay mode (2008 HP with 3gb, t4350? (1.6ghz dual core?)) windows vista 32 bit.

Hello Sledge,

Thank you for your feedback regarding this hardware. If anyone has anything to add or any questions about hardware with NinjaTrader 7, don't hesitate to let us know.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes