Disappearing clicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing clicks

Recently, an occasional click on a chart or on Control Center has resulted in a momentary flash to the desired move or location only to be returned to the original site after a split second.

A click on a chart's X to close sometimes does nothing.

A click on File opens the drop down menu for a split second only to disappear back to the Control Center.

I've closed NT and re-started my computer, but the issue remains the same.

I'm running Windows 7, I can't tell which version of NT because every time I click on Control Center Help, the drop down menu disappears after a split second.

I appreciate any assistance.

Hello steveg,

Thank you for your post. Based on what you're describing, I suggest performing a complete uninstall and reinstall of NinjaTrader, as there may be installation issues at this time.

Note: This will not remove your saved settings or workspaces, only the installation of NinjaTrader will be removed.

First, please go to Help > License key and save your key in an easy-to-access location, such as your desktop.

Close all running applications.
    Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.

From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.

Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:

http://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted

Let me know the behavior you see on the new installation.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

After following your instructions, nothing has changed.

However, fwiw, I didn't need my license key to get my charts. Does this mean anything?

Comment

Thank you for trying that, I mentioned copying the license key so you would be able to use to when download NinjaTrader from our website, it would be unrelated to what is happening with the platform.

It may be that a third-party add-on is causing the behavior. Do you have any third-party bartype, indicator or add-on currently in use?

To troubleshoot the situation, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace(s)

Note this will not remove any settings or data.

1. Shut down NinjaTrader
        2. Navigate to the folder (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
        3. Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
        4. Right click on "Untitled1.xml"
        5. Select Rename
        6. Rename it to "Untitiled1 Old.xml"
        7. After deleting and renaming the files above, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

Try opening a new chart, refrain from using any third party add ons. Does NinjaTrader function normally in this blank workspace? You may also test to see if you're now able to access the Help > About menu.

Comment

Unfortunately, after following the instructions I am left with only the Control Center. No charts. Hope that was what was intended.

Also unfortunately, when I clicked on File, Tools, Help, I saw the drop down menus for a split second only to see them disappear.

Comment

Yes, after those steps, NinjaTrader will have launched without any saved workspaces, nor the charts or other windows they contain. You'll be able to re-open the workspace via File > Workspace > Open Workspace...

Though, based on what you tested, I believe we can rule out this behavior being caused by an add-on, as you still were unable to access the Control Center's menus.

Please close NInjaTrader and verify the folder(s) in the following location are not hidden.
            • Libraries > My Documents > NinjaTrader 7

In addition, if there are any backup, virus protection, or firewall software that may be accessing the NinjaTrader folders or program, please exempt NinjaTrader.

If you see the same behavior after trying these steps, please write in to PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] Com so we may look into this further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post f.saeidi  
            Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
            1 response
            0 likes