Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay- end date freezes! CLICK HERE

Hi there,

I am using Market Replay with two charts, one is using MR data, the other is using Historical data ($TICK chart).

PROBLEM: When MR is connected, I choose go to date (what is the shortcut key for this?), and then data starts streaming, I notice the 'End Date' for the Historical data-based chart is greyed out and is the date prior to the actual data I am analyzing at the given time.

This means I have to disconnect MR and change the dates, and when I reconnect it goes back to having the date greyed out! = FRUSTRATING!

What is a possible resolution?

Historical data should show up even when running MR?

Hello teenagemutantNT,

There is not a keyboard shortcut to open the GoTo box in Market Replay.

However, if you would like we can submit a feature request for this.

The End date is grayed out when using Market Replay because you will not be allowed to change the end date as the data is played back.

It will automatically be the correct date needed for the data to play back. (Its grayed out so that the Market Replay can control this date)

When you connect back to your brokerage / data feed connection, the data will automatically adjust back to the current date.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't think there is one? If there's no data to feed the chart the end date is grayed out until there is.

Since NT cannot record some live data from TDA even though it has a last value, I ended up writing an indicator that outputs the data to a file using OnMarketData and some data series). I take only 30 second samples.

I then wrote an indicator to read it in. It is displayed in a separate panel but needs something to feed it (such as current contract for es.)

I'm also able to use this in my strategy.

I hope I've given you some ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
        Hello teenagemutantNT,

There is not a keyboard shortcut to open the GoTo box in Market Replay.

However, if you would like we can submit a feature request for this.

The End date is grayed out when using Market Replay because you will not be allowed to change the end date as the data is played back.

It will automatically be the correct date needed for the data to play back. (Its grayed out so that the Market Replay can control this date)

When you connect back to your brokerage / data feed connection, the data will automatically adjust back to the current date.

Ok but why is the candles based on the historical data not available?

Comment

Hello teenagemutantNT,

The Market Replay connection is not a data server that you can download historical data from. This connection exists solely on your machine and plays back and already downloaded replay files.

If you download the historical data from your data provider / broker over the time period before playback, then it will be available when you connect to the Market Replay. This means that it will load the historical data if it has already been downloaded.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post inanazsocial  
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes