Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting Vertical Display - 2 tick increments

Please help with suggestions on these issues:

I would like to configure the vertical scale at 2-tick increments and have the index value display accordingly.

I changed the properties down to fixed, two tick increments, as shown in the attachment, but it only achieved the horizontal line intervals (without the associated index value display). see attachment

is there an indicator download that someone has worked on, to achieve this?

are there any suggestions?

thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Hi kronie,

Thanks for the post.

Can you clarify: do you wish the chart to only display vertically in 2-point increments (ex. 4514. 4516. 4518. 4520...)?

Comment

2 tick increments.

1000.2, 1000.4, 1000.6, 1000.8, 1001.0

Comment

Kronie,

The NQ instrument has quarter-point ticks, so the smallest that could be displayed would be quarter points (1000.25, 1000.50. 1000.75).

Regardless of the instrument, you can manually adjust the vertical scale of the chart by left-clicking and dragging on the vertical scale. This will expand or contract the prices shown.

To then move the price scale without expanding or contracting, please hold down the SHIFT key as you left-click and drag.

Please see the help guide section on navigating a chart for more information:

Help Guide - Chat Navigation

Comment

thanks Pat,

the 2 tick increment applies not only to the grid lines, but also the vertical price display column, whether a particular instrument is in .25 increments (NQ, ES, etc.) or .10 increments, the associated lowest or lower common denominator would apply accordingly.

a friend share this with me from a presentation he observed, and asked whether this was possible to repeat or achieve through customization. let me share that objective chart and it will show visably, on the right most vertical portion of the chart

the 2nd attachment was the best configurable options I could find (right click in the vertical price column)
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kronie View Post
            thanks Pat,

the 2 tick increment applies not only to the grid lines, but also the vertical price display column, whether a particular instrument is in .25 increments (NQ, ES, etc.) or .10 increments, the associated lowest or lower common denominator would apply accordingly.

a friend share this with me from a presentation he observed, and asked whether this was possible to repeat or achieve through customization. let me share that objective chart and it will show visably, on the right most vertical portion of the chart

the 2nd attachment was the best configurable options I could find (right click in the vertical price column)
            You simply have to stretch the y-axis, and the chart both, until it shows what you want.
            Attached Files

Comment

kronie,

Thanks for the screenshot.

This is most certainly a custom indicator. I asked around to see if any of my colleagues recognized the indicator that is producing these price markers and no one was familiar with it.

I would recommend trying to contact the individual that had this on their chart to see if they can tell you what it is and where it may be available.

koganam is correct in that the only way to do anything similar to what you desire without custom programming is to resize the vertical scale by left clicking and dragging until it displays as you desire.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920  
              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920