Possible Data Delay To SuperDOM Caused Double Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Data Delay To SuperDOM Caused Double Trade

Hi I shorted TF right after the general market open yesterday and it ticked up a couple of ticks so I put a limit order one tick below my entry. But had a feeling it might sell off so canceled that order and it did selloff. But it's so volatile when I saw I was up about $40-50 in green in the P/L column at the bottom of the SuperDOM a few seconds later I entered a buy order and thought I had made that much by closing my position.

But to my shock what happened is I was suddenly long while it continued to sell off. It was early here and it caught me off guard. At first I thought I had double clicked on the buy and closed the original short and bought another contract. But when I looked my original limit order was filled and my position closed with a one tick profit although NT didn't show that yet in the SuperDOM when it actually happened. So now I was seeing red in the P/L column.

So then I realized what happened. My original limit order was filled and I bought another contract below that where I thought I was closing the original position but instead creating a new long instead. I lost $120 by the time I got a handle on it. Not the end of the world, but just wanted to understand how this all works between the software and the data feed. Is this just a delay in data hitting the software? Unfortunately I'm limited to a WiFi connection now. Thanks.

Hello WJE1222,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

To investigate this matter further please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference this thread in the e-mail: "http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=75658"

Comment

Hi Patrick
      Hope your day's been good. Thanks for your help. Won't doing what you're saying though attach today's (6-28-15) log and trace files and not the ones from Friday. I tried to attach them manually but it just lists the place on my hard drive but hasn't uploaded anything yet.

Bill

Comment

Now I see I guess it sends all of them in a zip file. Thanks.

Comment

Here's a print screen of the Account Performance tab trade tab that shows the trades and times. You can see it was just 3 seconds from where my original short trade was actually closed to where I evidently created a long position when I mistakenly thought I was just closing the original position.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello WJE1222,

We have not received your files.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference this thread in the e-mail: "http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=75658"
            Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Christopher

I sent them yesterday and just resent them. Let me know if you receive them. I'll be back later to ask a few more questions. Thanks very much.

Bill

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post funk10101  
              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
              11 responses
              0 likes