Cotton No.2 reporting wrong vol Dec contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton No.2 reporting wrong vol Dec contract

Well, it looks like there have been a few posts recently regarding problems with volume, and here's one more.
    Please see attachments.
    The first attachment shows the two Cotton contracts for the remainer of this year, the V and Z contracts, or in Ninjatrader-speak, CT 10-15 and CT 12-15. As you can see, the volume has dropped off to nearly nothing in the past few days--only 54 contracts traded in either contract.
    The second attachment shows the companion charts from Stockcharts.com, a reputable charting package. Indeed, they show that only 54 contracts were traded during the most recent trading day (June 26, this past Friday). However, for the Dec contract, the volume is over 40,000 contracts, as it should be.
    The only conclusion I can draw is that Ninjatrader is reporting the anemic 54 contracts for the 12-15 contract as if it were the 10-15 contract. Is there any way to fix this?
    Oh, (and this may be the problem): I'm using the free EOD Kinetick data for my datafeed.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20150628.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20150628.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Drew, just sent the requested files. I think I did everything correctly. Please let me know what you find out.
      Cheers,
      Tasuki

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
      Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
      6 responses