Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Simulation Mode issue

Hi,

I have 5 DOM's open. When I finish a trading session, I switch each DOM to SIM mode. Today, I wondered if I could do this more quickly by selecting "Global Simulation Mode" in Control Panel>File. When I do, I receive the attached error message, even though no strategies are running.

I was beta testing a strategy that was running about 25 FX pairs, but in SIM mode only on another computer (which is turned off !). I have ensured this beta strategy is not on the version of NinjaTrader on my trading computer.

Help, please !
    Attached Files

Hello jtrade,

If this error occurs while no strategies are running, it indicates corruption in the database. Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.

- Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
    - From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    - Select the "Data" tab
    - Press the "Repair DB" button
    - Press the "OK" button

If the issue remains, Please rename your database with the following steps:

- Shutdown NinjaTrader and go to the Start Menu
    - Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader(.sdf)
    - Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename."
    - Name it "OLDNinjaTrader"
    - Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use

Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise to run regular backups via our inbuild backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...up_archive.htm
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason - a simple Repair DB hasn't resolved the issue : but does it actually matter !?

As Long as I do not actually have 25 secret strats running Live in the background, I'm not too bothered...

Comment

Unfortunately you will not be able to enable 'Global Simulation Mode' with your current database. However you can workaround it by manually selecting the Sim101 account, so it is not necessary to rename the database.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post usazencort  
        Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
        5 responses