Please help!!! Fail to connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help!!! Fail to connect

Use my desktop this morning. I have an open position. One stop order and one profit target(limit order) have been placed. Then I lost my internet connection. I cannot cancel the stop order and limit order. So I turned NinjaT off, and come to the coffee shop now with my laptop.

It seems my orders are still valid. My question will be if any of my orders (stop order or limit order) are executed and my account is flat, when I go back and turn on my desktop, will the stop or limit order still there? (The situation that I don't want it to be. It might execute at the current price when I turn on my desktop?)

Hello skooj,

Thank you for your post. The orders will still be there depending on the Order State. When the Stop or Limit order are in the Working or Accepted state, they reside outside your computer and will remain active. The orders won't execute when you connect unless action is taken by your or your broker (in a situation where you cannot manage a live order, the best practice is to contact your broker's Order Desk to manage your open position).

Please see the below section of our Help Guide for more on Order States.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...efinitions.htm

In addition to the following forum post on Where Your Orders Reside.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=5349

However, please note the features of NinjaTrader such as Trailing Stops or Breakeven strategies that modify the orders are managed by NinjaTrader and will not function if NinjaTrader is closed.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply Eric. I am using NinjaTrader as my broker(Continuum) and I have already read the help guides you provide. I am sorry that I will need you to confirm the following two scenarios so that I can feel comfortable.

Scenario 1: I have one open position, also one stop order and one limit order within an OCO group. Once I confirm stop and limit order are in "working" or "accepted" status, then I turned NT off. The orders can still be executed at the price level I set (and the OCO will still work the same way as if I have NT on), right?

Scenario 2: The account is flat. I place a new limit order with ATM strategy. And I confirm the order is in "working" status. Then I turn NT off. The order will be triggered at the price level I set, BUT the ATM strategy will not be entered (No stop or profit target orders will be placed).

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello skooj,

Thank you for your post. The orders will still be there depending on the Order State. When the Stop or Limit order are in the Working or Accepted state, they reside outside your computer and will remain active. The orders won't execute when you connect unless action is taken by your or your broker (in a situation where you cannot manage a live order, the best practice is to contact your broker's Order Desk to manage your open position).

Please see the below section of our Help Guide for more on Order States.

In addition to the following forum post on Where Your Orders Reside.
      Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

However, please note the features of NinjaTrader such as Trailing Stops or Breakeven strategies that modify the orders are managed by NinjaTrader and will not function if NinjaTrader is closed.

Comment

Hello skooj,
        Thank you for your reply, no problem at all.

Per scenario 1: NinjaTrader Continuum does support server-side OCO, so even if NinjaTrader is closed, OCO will function normally, yes.

Per scenario 2: You are correct here as well, NinjaTrader needs to be running for this to be accomplished.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes