Stratergy analyzer's backtest not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stratergy analyzer's backtest not working

I am new to ninjatrader (7.0.1.29) and i want to use it to back test my strategies. I came across this video (www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaaqCBoqYxI) for creating a simple moving average crossover strategy and I built my own using that tutorial. I connected to kinetic and tried to run that backtest in ES 12-14 for a period between 2012 and 2014. But when i run it noting happens, no result!!

First i though it is due to some problem with my strategy. So i changed my strategy with the one of the default strategy and it values in ninjatrader sampleMAcrossover and used ES 12-14 to do the back test. I also tried with FDAX, NQ, TF, YM and ZB these also proved futile. any idea whats happening.

PS. Can we do back test on google finance stocks?
    Last edited by bluebot; 07-03-2015, 12:25 AM.

Hello,
    Thanks for posting today.

Do you have data downloaded for that instrument? Are you able to open a chart for the ES 12-14 instrument using your backtesting days? Who is your data provider?

I look forward to your reply and offering further assistance.
    Alex G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello AlexG

I used data from kinetick File > Connect > Kinetick – End Of Day (Free) as it is a free one. I am new to ninjatrader and i dont know whether i downloaded ES 12-14 . I thought that when we run a back test on ES 12-14 (or anyother instrument) it should download that instrument automatically. right? if not how should i then manually download that instrument

Comment

Hello bluebot,

Right, if you are connected it should download the data. Or if you have connected and requested data (like in a chart) it should have that data stored.

However, be aware that Kinetick EOD will only provide daily data and not the intrabar data that is needed to test over none daily bars.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance for anything NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi alex
          thanks for the advice and it helped me to find the problem. The problem was with my connected data feed so I changed it to google feed and use a stock from that feed. But this created another problem, I used daily chart of apple(AAPL) but even after changing the custom range to 10 years I am getting feed onlybetween 02/2015 to 07/2015. whats happening here?

And also the custom Moving average crossover indicator is working and how should i change the color of the plotted moving averagers.

Now I am getting like this

MA_FAST=yellow
          MA_SLOW=yellow

i want like this

MA_FAST=Green
          MA_SLOW=Red
          Last edited by bluebot; 07-04-2015, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Hello bluebot,
            Thanks for the reply.

So that I can look into what is occurring with your data feed.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1346310

I look forward to further assisting you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post junkone
            by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            12 responses