Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Profile - Rancho Dinero - Scaling Issues

Hi NT Support,

I am using the Rancho Dinero Volume Profile with NT7 to trade spot forex (AUDUSD mainly) and am experiencing a problem with the Volume Profile chart for the current day.

I've already contacted Rancho Dinero and their support suggested I contact NT...see response below...

When I start my NT7 throughout a day it will display the Rancho Volume Profile correctly scaled for exactly as long as it takes for the first live tick to come in. (usually within a few seconds) As soon as I receive the first live tick the existing volume chart for the current day gets rescaled to barely visible width (like 2 pixels) and the new live tick is shown in a normal scale. From there all the new ticks start building a profile fine but I can't see any of the volume profile recorded for earlier in the day.

This essentially makes today's profile unusable as I can't see what happened earlier today. (Note that the previous days stay visible and correctly scaled as no new ticks are added.)

It is almost as if the historic ticks are loaded as Lots (0.01, 0.1, 1) whereas the live ticks are displayed as actual dollars (10,000, 100,000 or 1,000,000).

My data feed is coming from MBTrading in case that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help in advance,
    Frank

------------------------------
    Rancho Dinero Support Response:
    ------------------------------

Frank,

Unfortunately if your forex data provider is supplying historical and live data at different scales, as some do, this is the effect. Note it's is also possible the historical data is coming from NT's own data servers and not your data provider. You would need to check with NT to be sure.

The only solutions to the issue are to use a provider with accurate historical data or configure NT to record your provider's live data as historical. Please see the NT help for details on this.

Cheers,
    Steven R

Hello Frank,

Thanks for your post.

NinjaTrader does not provide MB Trading's historical data. This comes from MB Trading.
    I would recommend applying the VOL indicator to your chart and comparing how MB Trading provides it's historical volume data vs realtime volume data for forex. If the data does not match you would need a data provider that offers the volume data in the same format both historically and real time for forex instruments.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses