How to reposition chart bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to reposition chart bars

I am finding it difficult to move the chart bars around within the chart window. With the mouse I can select the chart and move left or right. Sometimes I can drag the chart down but not up. I know I can alter the price axis by clicking on it and compressing / expanding it. What I want to be able to do is to drag the chart bars up or down so as to view something in more detail. How do I do that? Perhaps I have the chart locked somehow.

Originally posted by GlennL View Post
    I am finding it difficult to move the chart bars around within the chart window. With the mouse I can select the chart and move left or right. Sometimes I can drag the chart down but not up. I know I can alter the price axis by clicking on it and compressing / expanding it. What I want to be able to do is to drag the chart bars up or down so as to view something in more detail. How do I do that? Perhaps I have the chart locked somehow.

Hold the CNTRL key on your keyboard with the mouse button and move the mouse up/down... the chart will no longer scale - but move.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your Posts.

That's absolutely correct Sledge.

Additionally, please see the link below from our help guide on the Navigating a Chart::

Navigation a Chart (help guide): http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_a_chart.htm
      Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
        I tried the CNTRL key and even the SHIFT and ALT keys and even combinations of them but still I am not able to move the chart up/down. Left/right is not a trouble. I have also tried going into Chart > Data Series > Visual > Auto Scale. and setting this to False but still I am unable to drag/move/reposition the chart . Any more suggestions?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

To scroll vertically, you will have hold CTRL and then click on the price margin and then move your mouse up and down.

Please see the video from our video library: http://ninjatrader.com/support/movie...-And-Range.htm
          Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Very strange indeed!

You've rebooted and restarted NT?
            Have you tried a new chart and a new layout with no indicators ?

Which Windows OS are you using? Did you MAP your control key to something out? Turn on the sticky key's thingy in Windows on the control key? (I'm guessing at this point). Does your other cntrl key work? (both of mine do).

Comment

Okay, it works. I was not positioning my mouse in the Price axis whilst pressing CNTRL etc.
              Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              1 response
              0 likes