Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

several dataseries touch

Hello,

after lots of coding I have done in my scripts I have a question about using correctly dataseries. Let me show this with 3 examples please:

Let´s say I run in a 5 Range chart a script and in the script there is a condition

Lows[2][0] <= MIN(Lows[2],14)[0] and dataseries[2] = 2 Range

Does this condition count the low of the last 14 bars of dataseries 2 Range or the 14 bars of the primary dataseries in the chart where I have enabled the strategy.

OR

CrossAbove(Stochastics(BarsArray[2],7,14,3).K, Stochastics(BarsArray[2],7,14,3).D,5)

means that that KcrossD happened the last 5 bars of the dataseries 2 or the last 5 bars of primary dataseries

OR

MIN(Stochastics(BarsArray[2],7,14,3).K, 5)[0] < 25)

means that the low of stoch of dataseries 2 was within the last 5 bars of dataseries2 below 25 or means that the low of stoch of dataseries 2 was within the last 5 bars of primarydatseries below 25.

I think I could explain with these 3 examples what I mean.

Thank you
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 07-07-2015, 05:50 AM. Reason: typing error

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    1. Because you are specifying Lows[2] as your DataSeries for the MIN, this would be checking the lows of whatever your second index of Lows is. Please be aware that indexes start at 0, so if you only added one extra DataSeries to your script, you would be using an index of 1 rather than 2.
    2. Because you're specifying BarsArray[2] as your DataSeries, this would be working on that DataSeries.
    3. Again, this will be dealing only with your BarsArray[2] as you've explicitly specified it in the overload for Stochastics that takes in a DataSeries as a parameter.

For further information about working with multi-time frame & instruments, please take a look at the NinjaTrader help guide at this link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...nstruments.htm

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Irukandji  
    Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes