Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

limit entries - chart trader

Hello,

when I set a limit long below the price and then I want to place a limit short above the price (both in chart trader) then there appears the message in the attachment here. No matter if OCO is checked or not.

??

Thank you
    Tony
    Attached Files

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Before placing your other order, please ensure that your active ATM Strategy is not selected. By default, when placing an order with an ATM Strategy attached to it, the ATM Strategy drop down menu will change to the Active ATM Strategy. You will want to choose the name of your ATM Strategy without "Active" in front of it or <Custom>.

Please read the NinjaTrader help guide at this link to learn more about ATM Strategy Selection Modes and to learn how to change this default behavior: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ction_mode.htm

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

Sorry that additional question and when I´m missing it but:

when selected ATM (in chart-trader) I can not see afterwards which one it is, because there is only to see "Active ATM Strategy 13 -" but the important information is not visible (?)

So, when I have enabled different ATM I can not see when I want to control which one it is.

Thank you
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG View Post
      Hello Tony,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Before placing your other order, please ensure that your active ATM Strategy is not selected. By default, when placing an order with an ATM Strategy attached to it, the ATM Strategy drop down menu will change to the Active ATM Strategy. You will want to choose the name of your ATM Strategy without "Active" in front of it or <Custom>.

Please read the NinjaTrader help guide at this link to learn more about ATM Strategy Selection Modes and to learn how to change this default behavior: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ction_mode.htm

Comment

Hello Tony,

I would advise you to save the ATM Strategies you have created, then, as templates, so you know exactly which does what based on your parameters.

To save an ATM Strategy as a template, you'll first want to create your custom ATM Strategy. Once you have done then, you'll right-click in the window and select Manage ATM Strategy Templates. Name the template what you'd like and then press Save.

Now, you can select each template by name in the ATM Strategy drop down without a vague name like "Custom".

Comment

Hello,

there is a misunderstanding. This is clear of course.

But when you select your ATM then and apply it to a chart you dont see then which one it is!

There are several instruments and lets say even only one ATM limit in a chart - you dont see which ATM you have selected.

(the question is not about how to create and save an atm)

You see the charts and in each chart trader "Active ATM Strategy 20 -" and "Active ATM Strategy 21 - " and "Active ATM Strategy 22 - " and....

Which one is the 21? or the 22?....??

If the name of the ATM would be visible, or the ATM beginning with the name it makes sense. But it makes no sense with "Active ATM Strategy 24 - "...

I hope I could translate and explain now better.

Best
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG View Post
          Hello Tony,

I would advise you to save the ATM Strategies you have created, then, as templates, so you know exactly which does what based on your parameters.

To save an ATM Strategy as a template, you'll first want to create your custom ATM Strategy. Once you have done then, you'll right-click in the window and select Manage ATM Strategy Templates. Name the template what you'd like and then press Save.

Now, you can select each template by name in the ATM Strategy drop down without a vague name like "Custom".

Comment

Hello Tony,

If you click on the ATM Strategy drop down menu, your currently selected strategy will be highlighted in the drop down.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post WHICKED
            by WHICKED

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
            2 responses