Running 2 Copies with Live Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running 2 Copies with Live Data

I purchased a single lifetime license. Let's say then that this copy of NinjaTrader is running against a live trade account on my computer. Then I download and install another copy of NinjaTrader on a second computer. I can run the second copy in sim mode since it is not licensed, but can it get live prices as well? In other words, I'd like both instances of Ninja Trader running simultaneously (on different computers) - the second computer mirroring the first computer which is running under a live account. Is this possible?

Hello reynoldsn,

Thank you for your post.

Your live license key can be in-use on only one PC at a time however you could use a free simulation license key on the other PC to accomplish your goal. If you do not already have a free version key please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with a link to this forum thread and I will provide you with one.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there a difference between the "free simulation license key" you refer to or is it the same as the one that is auto-generated when you download and install a trial version?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

These would be the same key.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is not working. When I signed into connect using my licensed NT, my sim NT displays the attachment. I don't want to trade off the sim NT, just follow live prices. Please advise.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

This message indicates that your broker is not allowing multiple connections to the same account. I would recommend that you contact your broker's support desk to report the issue and ask if they could allow logins from multiple PC's on your account or provide you with a secondary login to use with the PC that uses the simulation key.

Comment

Hi Support,

Ive been looking for the answer to a question, that is similar but not exactly the same as this, reading lots of posts and still dont know the answer.

What im trying to achieve is one pc running NT locally to do manual trades with in Australia, and one on a cloud server located in USA near the brokers trading server (at this point may be fxcm) for low latency and reducing the risk of internet congestion issues, the server is for semi automated trade management. All this on just one live trading account.

if I get 1 lifetime multi broker licence of NT, will this cover the simultaneous use on the same trading account (1 on a pc and one on a cloud server) or would I need 2 licences.

Other option is if I use the NT lease subscription initially at least, would that allow 2 instances of the NT platform running on 2 pcs, with one account or not.

Comment

Hello Efffect,

Thank you for your post.

For these types of setups, two license keys would be needed - one for each PC which is trading live.

I hope that this helps to clear things up however if other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes