Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verision 7.0.1000.29 (64-bit) will not Install

Hi,

Recent Version 29 will only install as 32-bit version. After installing Verion 29, my 64-bit installation remains at version 26. However, now the 64-bit version gives "unable to retrieve data" message.

Previously my system has been running on 64-bit and nothing has changed other than installing the 29 version. Please advise, if possible by a phone call since I actively trade.

Thanks.

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post.

This error message indicates that the installation files are corrupt. The most common reason this occurs is NinjaTrader is running when installing a new version.

A basic uninstall and reinstall should resolve:

NOTE: This will NOT remove any of your indicators, workspaces, charts, connections, or other settings provided you DO NOT delete the NinjaTrader 7 Folder in the My Documents directory of Windows.

1. Close all running applications.
    2. Make sure NinjaTrader is closed from the Windows Task Manager:
    • Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard > Start Task Manager > Processes tab > Locate and highlight "NinjaTrader.exe" > Click "End Process"

3. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
    4. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove
    5. Navigate to the following folders and delete any "NinjaTrader 7" folders located here:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\
    • or
    • C:\Program Files\

6. Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader from the link below:

Please let me know if you are unable to connect after reinstalling.

If you would like a call with remote session, please send a note to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com requesting a call and we will call you at that time.

Comment

Thank you James.. Everything is fine now. A couple of suggestions:

1. Would be nice when the new version announcement pops up on NT startup to include a warning to shutdown NT before installing the new version, this would help your resources and the user.

2. Better yet, make NT to automatically install any new versions on startup, as is done in other platforms like TOS, Vectorvest, etc.

Thank you again,

Cheers!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
      Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post.

This error message indicates that the installation files are corrupt. The most common reason this occurs is NinjaTrader is running when installing a new version.

A basic uninstall and reinstall should resolve:

NOTE: This will NOT remove any of your indicators, workspaces, charts, connections, or other settings provided you DO NOT delete the NinjaTrader 7 Folder in the My Documents directory of Windows.

1. Close all running applications.
      2. Make sure NinjaTrader is closed from the Windows Task Manager:
      • Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard > Start Task Manager > Processes tab > Locate and highlight "NinjaTrader.exe" > Click "End Process"

3. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
      4. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove
      5. Navigate to the following folders and delete any "NinjaTrader 7" folders located here:
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\
      • or
      • C:\Program Files\

6. Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader from the link below:

Please let me know if you are unable to connect after reinstalling.

If you would like a call with remote session, please send a note to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com requesting a call and we will call you at that time.

Comment

For what it's worth, I had the same problem when updating and I hadn't started NT for the day yet. Got it working by uninstalling and reinstalling per Support. Funny thing, today on start up I received the new version popup even though I am updated.

Dan
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thanks for the suggestions.

1. While this will not change in NinjaTrader 7, it has been changed to do just that in NinjaTrader 8.

2. We are going to explore this more once NinjaTrader 8 has been released, but at this time no solid decisions have been made. Currently NinjaTrader 8 is in closed beta, but we plan to continue releasing it to more users as it becomes more stable. There is no timeline for this, but this is our development team's main focus.

Comment

Hello eDanny,

Thanks for the feedback. The pop up will continue to appear during start up until you click on the, "Don't show this message agian" box within that in product announcement pop up message you are receiving. The next time you start up and receive that message, please go ahead and check that box to hide it moving forward.

If this does not resolve this message from appearing, please let me know and we can troubleshoot further.

Comment

I guess I was assuming there would be no popup if NT is up to date. I have never really tested it because I always click the box. I guess the question should be, why didn't I get the popup yesterday?
              eDanny

Comment

Hello eDanny,

The in product announcement for NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.29 went out late yesterday morning. If you started NinjaTrader prior to when we pushed out the announcement to our users, you may not have received it until you started up the next day.

Comment

Makes sense, thanks.
                  eDanny

Comment

Sound Files Issue on Re-Install

Here is one more issue regarding a re-install of NT 7. The procedure outlined above by James worked fine for me and now I can run both 32-bit and 64-bit versions with all the custom scripts, templates, etc. restored.

However, my NT Sound File (C: >Program Files<NinjaTrader7 > Sounds ) that included all default sound files plus my many custom sound files was replaced with the new default sound file and I lost all my custom sound files.

Suggest to include provisions so that the current Sound File, including any custom sounds, will be restored when installing (re-installing) new NT versions.

Fortunately, I had saved a copy of all my custom stuff before following the above procedure and was able to restore my custom sound files.

Cheers!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
                    Hello aligator,

Thanks for the suggestions.

1. While this will not change in NinjaTrader 7, it has been changed to do just that in NinjaTrader 8.

2. We are going to explore this more once NinjaTrader 8 has been released, but at this time no solid decisions have been made. Currently NinjaTrader 8 is in closed beta, but we plan to continue releasing it to more users as it becomes more stable. There is no timeline for this, but this is our development team's main focus.
                    Last edited by aligator; 07-09-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. It may not be possible to implement a way to automatically backup sound files during uninstallation, but perhaps we could look into something like adding the Sounds folder to the Backup utility in NinjaTrader. I have submitted your suggestion to our team for consideration.
                      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I see no reason to delete the install folder after uninstalling NT7. I didn't. The only thing that should still remain after an uninstall is the sounds folder if you have additional files there. Leave everything alone and just install fresh and your files will still be available.
                        eDanny

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
                          I see no reason to delete the install folder after uninstalling NT7. I didn't. The only thing that should still remain after an uninstall is the sounds folder if you have additional files there. Leave everything alone and just install fresh and your files will still be available.
                          Agree. But here is what Step 5 above stated which resulted in deleting the sounds folder in my case.

"5. Navigate to the following folders and delete any "NinjaTrader 7" folders located here:
                          C:\Program Files (x86)\
                          or
                          C:\Program Files\"

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                          11 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jeronymite