Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inaccurate Account Performance Data

Hello,

I recently had to do a completely clean reinstall of NT because of an unrelated glitch. With the clean version of NT, I set up my same live account. Under the "account performance" tabs, there are now two of the same account number in the accounts box. Also, the statistics are completely wrong.For instance, A trade named "target 1" in reality incurred a gross profit of $5.20. I can see that in my account performance, but I also see the exact same trade below it with the same name, that is in the opposite market direction, which shows a loss of $54. That trade never happened. Sometimes I will generate the same exact filter parameters twice and get completely different results. All of the data is inconsistent or just flat out imaginary. Please help .

Hello gdleeah,

Can you please disconnect all connections in NinjaTrader and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and generate a new trade report and check if results are accurate.

Please note that NinjaTrader performance reporting is simply a set of calculations of fills that have a time stamp within the date range specified. The first step in the process is to filter the fills and then pair them to form trades. This can be different from your broker's statement. For example, if positions are carried over night then surely you can have unexpected results.

Enter 1 June 4th
    Exit 1 June 5
    Enter 1 June 5
    Exit 1 June 5

In the fill flow above, if you generated a report from June 4 through 6, you would see two trades reported (Entry June 4th and Exit June 5th) and (Entry June 5th and Exit June 5).

If you generated a report from June 5th through June 6th, you would only see one trade reported where the exit on June 5th is the trade entry and the entry on June 5th is the exit.

As you can see, the result would yield different results. NinjaTrader has no way of knowing if a fill is truly an entry or exit thus it has to build trade pairs starting with the first fill as entry in the date filtered dataset.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

Thanks for reply. I tried repairing DB and am still getting the same errors. The issue is not so much of the order name fill dates etc.. it's that NT is displaying trades that never took place. My current net profit in the account performance is incorrect due to these trades. Also, the MAE and MFE numbers are inconsistent and often times a trade where the MFE should be around 50-60, it will report as some random large number like 700-800. A side note, if I try to right click and view a chart of one of these trades that never took place, the chart is blank. All of the trades that actually took place display chart data correctly.

I have a low number of trades, and I am only generating a small amount of data. So it is quite easy to see that this error is not because of the dates and criteria that I am picking.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

So that I may further investigate please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20150710.txt'.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        168 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes