Error "unauthorized id"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error "unauthorized id"

I'm using 2 licences Ninjatrader on 2 separate servers.
    One for trading only (server1) , one for testing (server2). Both in a cloud-environment.

I've exported tickdata from server1 to import to server2
    Server 2 i’d like to use as a test server, to avoid testing and trading on one machine.

On server 2 I don't have the same license and datafeed fast I have on server 1. Simply because i don’t need the live data and want to test with my historical data.

Issue:

When I try to backtest I'm getting the next error message: unauthorized ID. So unable to open a chart for the timeframe of the data that’s loaded.

What does this mean?
    What do i need to do to avoid this?

Thx in advance

Rob

Hello Rob,

Unfortunately I am not usre what causes the error. Are you able to reproduce it consistently when performing a backtest? Could it be the error only occurs when backtesting a certain strategy? Do you experience the error when you backtest the SampleMACrossOver strategy?

Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Error "unauthorized id' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Are you able to load a chart with the tick data you imported?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hallo Jason .

I already have this error message when I try to load a chart with the data I've imported.
      Error message: Error on loading chart data for "Cl ##-## Nymex: E, Unauthorized user Id

Because of this error I'm not ready to backtest at all.

Do you have an alternative way to send the log and trace files? I don't succeed in sending the files the way you described.

Rob

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Can you please disconnect any connection in NinjaTrader and try loading a chart or backtest again.

Comment

Hallo Jason.

Now I do succeed loading a chart.
          However I cannot load a strategy now when I'm disconnected.
          Using the strategy analyzer isn't possible too. It does not respond.
          Sending the log and trace files I did not succeed. No response when I click "send"
          All kind of problems come together. They all have something to do with each other?

Rob.

Comment

You should be able to use the Strategy Analyzer while not connected. It is as expected that you cannot run an automated strategy as realtime data is required.

If you restart NinjaTrader, are you able to use the Strategy Analyzer while not connected? If the issue remains, please try the following.

Shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the folder below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Delete the _Workspaces.xml file that is in the workspaces folder. This will not delete your workspaces, but ensures no workspaces will be opened on startup.

Start NinjaTrader, open a new Strategy Analyzer and check if you can backtest while not connected.

Comment

Hallo Jason.

I've done all the steps you've described, but the strategy analyzer doesn't respond at all.
              The mail to support still doesn't respond either

Comment

Please send me the log and trace files manually. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20150713 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20150713 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

hello Jason.

Files just send

Rob

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes