Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortcomings of Ninja Trader

Dears,
    As new user of Ninja Trader , EOD trader, and not using live US brokers, I found Ninja Trader missing some important elements :
    1- EOD stock scanning
    2- Trading other stocks around the world

Explanation :
    1- EOD scanning to be able to scan the stocks in any market with any indicator to check which stock gave a signal according to the indicator used.

2- Trading other stocks around the world, unfortunately Ninja Trader now is closed to some USA brokers and no any script allowing to connect to any broker not listed or not authorized by local US brokers, unlike other software platforms like AmiBroker or MetaStock and others.
    I liked Ninja Trader in some aspects but not allowing to use it with my local stock market is frustrating to me.

Is there any plan to incorporate these shortcomings to Ninja Trader ?

Best regards,

Hello mamz2006,

1. You can load indicators in the Market Analyzer to scan the stocks added in the Market Analyzer. Please right click in the Market Analyzer and select 'Columns'. Add an Indicator column and select the indicator you like. Subsequently you can use the alert, filter and cell conditions to scan the instruments. More information can be found at the links below.

Market Analyzer columns

Alert, filer and cell conditions

2. We support the following brokers that offer stock trading.

Interactive Brokers
    Leading online trading solutions for traders, investors and advisors, with direct global access to stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds and funds. Transparent, low commissions and financing rates and support for best execution.

MBTrading
    Ally Invest offers a wide range of self-directed and managed investment products at among the industry’s lowest fees.

TD Ameritrade
    Explore TD Ameritrade, the best online broker for online stock trading, long-term investing, and retirement planning.

I am not sure what stocks around the world these brokers support. Please check this with the broker.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. You can load indicators in the Market Analyzer to scan the stocks added in the Market Analyzer. Please right click in the Market Analyzer and select 'Columns'. Add an Indicator column and select the indicator you like. Subsequently you can use the alert, filter and cell conditions to scan the instruments. More information can be found at the links below.

Market Analyzer columns
      http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...th_columns.htm

Alert, filer and cell conditions
      http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._and_filte.htm
      Yes I can create columns and load some indicators BUT IF THE DATA IS EOD historical data every thing will be just dead corp.
      Your MA and SA needs only live data unlike other trading software available

So do you plan to incorporate the EOD historical data scanning ?
      THIS IS THE QUESTION.

2. We support the following brokers that offer stock trading.

Interactive Brokers
      Leading online trading solutions for traders, investors and advisors, with direct global access to stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds and funds. Transparent, low commissions and financing rates and support for best execution.

MBTrading
      Ally Invest offers a wide range of self-directed and managed investment products at among the industry’s lowest fees.

TD Ameritrade
      Explore TD Ameritrade, the best online broker for online stock trading, long-term investing, and retirement planning.

I am not sure what stocks around the world these brokers support. Please check this with the broker.

The world is not just few brokers you are connecting to, stock markets all over the world, but your platform is closed to those brokers or markets you know, while many traders around the world trading local markets while you keep your platform inaccessible to them.
      I would like to see Ninja Trader globalized not only closed to few geographical spots.

Regards,

Comment

You could create a custom indicator that scans historical daily data and load it in the Market Analyzer. Once you add an indicator in the Market Analyzer, it will be calculated on the amount of bars you select (# of bars to look back). Based on this historical data, it will produce an indicator value which will be shown in the Market Analyzer. If this is not sufficient, could you please clarify how you like to see EOD scanning implemented.

I will forward your feedback to support more brokers.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          You could create a custom indicator that scans historical daily data and load it in the Market Analyzer. Once you add an indicator in the Market Analyzer, it will be calculated on the amount of bars you select (# of bars to look back). Based on this historical data, it will produce an indicator value which will be shown in the Market Analyzer. If this is not sufficient, could you please clarify how you like to see EOD scanning implemented.

I will forward your feedback to support more brokers.
          OK please take a look to attached snapshot of automatic analysis window for AmiBroker software, that will explain everything.
          Regards,
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, so this AmiBroker window calulates when a buy or sell order should be submitted, correct? I am not sure what conditions are used to determine when a buy or sell order is submitted. However you could create a custom indicator in NinjaTrader that uses the exact same calculations. Subsequently you load it in the Market Analyzer. You would program the custom indicator so it will show "Buy" or "Sell" when a buy or sell order should be submitted.

If you do not have programming experience, you can contact any of the NinjaScript consultants at the link below to create such an indicator for you.
            Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Ok, so this AmiBroker window calulates when a buy or sell order should be submitted, correct? I am not sure what conditions are used to determine when a buy or sell order is submitted. However you could create a custom indicator in NinjaTrader that uses the exact same calculations. Subsequently you load it in the Market Analyzer. You would program the custom indicator so it will show "Buy" or "Sell" when a buy or sell order should be submitted.

If you do not have programming experience, you can contact any of the NinjaScript consultants at the link below to create such an indicator for you.
              http://ninjatraderecosystem.com/Part...ultants.php#81
              Dear Jason,
              The point is to facilitate exploring and scanning big no of stocks, so you need to create for every condition an indicator ??

The image I attached from AmiBroker is designed to check every stock on your list against any indicator you will use for your analysis.
              To pick an indicator it is just KICK OF A BUTTON ( please see upper right hand corner of the image i sent to you)

Comment

Hello mamz2006,

The indicator for the market analyzer would have the same code as the original, however, added to this would be a plot that set when a signal is provided. In other words, you would not have to make a separate indicator for each condition. All the conditions would be in one indicator in one column.

When the indicator sees a buy signal it plots a 1 or when it sees a sell signal it plots -1. This can be detected with the Market Analyzer and used to color a cell or trigger an alert.

After the indicator is added to a column, this will calculate for the number of instruments in the Market Analyzer rows.
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                  Hello mamz2006,

The indicator for the market analyzer would have the same code as the original, however, added to this would be a plot that set when a signal is provided. In other words, you would not have to make a separate indicator for each condition. All the conditions would be in one indicator in one column.

When the indicator sees a buy signal it plots a 1 or when it sees a sell signal it plots -1. This can be detected with the Market Analyzer and used to color a cell or trigger an alert.

After the indicator is added to a column, this will calculate for the number of instruments in the Market Analyzer rows.
                  Dear Jason,
                  I agree with you if I am running live data, but like my case I am running with stock market not connected with you brokers, I am stuck with historical data only .
                  In this case it will not help me to point the buy or sell signals

Due to that I asked if ninja trader can adapt more flexible connections to different data providers and flexible MA
                  IS IT POSSIBLE ?

Comment

Hello mamz2006,

The Market Analyzer does run through historical data for indicators.

However, its going to have the most current value.

If you are wanting to view the past values that were in the Market Analyzer and see past signals, you would want run the Market Replay as the Market Analyzer's design is to give you a current value. Or you would want to add this to a chart that would allow you to scroll back in time and see how the indicator is plotting on a previous bar.

The Market Analyzer is designed to provide you with a current calculated value or price. There isn't space for you to look at signals for previous bars.

I am not understanding what you mean by having NinjaTrader adapt to more flexible connections. Can you be specific about what you are asking for here?

Comment

The Market Analyzer does run through historical data for indicators.

However, its going to have the most current value.

If you are wanting to view the past values that were in the Market Analyzer and see past signals, you would want run the Market Replay as the Market Analyzer's design is to give you a current value. Or you would want to add this to a chart that would allow you to scroll back in time and see how the indicator is plotting on a previous bar.
                      What I understand from my reading through the forum, ninja trader can not play Market Replay from historical data provided from a broker not ninja trader brokers.

Also is the indicator you are talking about which will provide signals is available some where since I am not a programmer?

I am not understanding what you mean by having NinjaTrader adapt to more flexible connections. Can you be specific about what you are asking for here?
                      OK I am in middle east and specifically from Saudi Arabia trading our local stock market exchanges, my live data provider is not connected with your brokers, due to that I can not use Ninja Trader for live trading.
                      Other trading software platforms such as AmiBroker or Metastock providing the ability to be connected with local stock markets and local live data, so we trade through those platforms, but not Ninja Trader due to its limitation being close to specific brokers only.
                      In Ninja trader I pulled my Metastock format data but I can plot charts and indicators only while I can not make use of other features due to not being ninja trader broker subscriber.

I hope you get the idea.
                      Regards,

Comment

Hello mamz2006,

I wasn't speaking of a specific indicator, I was outlining that an indicator must be coded to provide a signal to use in the Market Analyzer. If you have an indicator, you would need to code this so that it plots a value the Market Analyzer can use as a trigger for a cell, alert, or filter condition.

Regarding the Market Analyzer, it sounds like you are trying to use this for something other than its intended purpose.

The Market Replay does not use historical data, but instead plays back a recording of a live session. This would play back the values from a previous day as if it were happening live which would provide real-time updates to the Market Replay as it played back.

Comment

Hello mamz2006,

I wasn't speaking of a specific indicator, I was outlining that an indicator must be coded to provide a signal to use in the Market Analyzer. If you have an indicator, you would need to code this so that it plots a value the Market Analyzer can use as a trigger for a cell, alert, or filter condition.

Regarding the Market Analyzer, it sounds like you are trying to use this for something other than its intended purpose.

The Market Replay does not use historical data, but instead plays back a recording of a live session. This would play back the values from a previous day as if it were happening live which would provide real-time updates to the Market Replay as it played back.
                          Friends,
                          That what I was trying to tell you from the beginning.
                          Ninja Trader is not equipped with readily available scanning facility for historical data specially if it is from non-ninja broker.
                          That making it difficult for non programmers or coders to use due to it is required to code something to accomplish your need.

Moreover, Ninja is not open system for various markets and brokers for every one to use on any market around the world.

So can you suggest these things to be incorporated although it is not taking that much in development process.

Regards,

Comment

Hello mamz2006,

I am not understanding exactly what you would like changed.

Are you wanting the Market Analyzer redesigned so that its somehow is able to display historical values?

Comment

Hello mamz2006,

I am not understanding exactly what you would like changed.

Are you wanting the Market Analyzer redesigned so that its somehow is able to display historical values?
                              I would like the MA to be able to scan the historical data EOD to provide the current signal for buy or sell like other platforms such as AmiBroker, Metastock, and WealthLab.

Moreover, I would like Ninja Trader to be used with any other stock market or broker not listed or built-in

Is it clear now or further information required?

Regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes