Shortcomings of Ninja Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

The Market Analyzer will go through historical data before going into real-time data.

As an example, lets say that your indicator writes the time to a file for every historical bar. If you add the indicator to the Market Analyzer it will write the bar time for all of the historical data to the file. This is because it does go through the historical data before entering real-time data.

The issue is that after its gone through that historical data and has started receiving real-time data, you cannot go back to where it has already processed historical data and display those historical values. (There is no scrollbar or any controls to move a Market Analyzer back in time. This is because the Market Analyzer is designed to display the currently held value. This is shown after it has processed historical data.)

So what I think you are asking for, is to make the Market Analyzer like a chart in that it has a scroll bar and this will somehow allow the Market Analyzer to display values for historical bars instead of updating on each tick/bar the way that it has currently been designed.

This is my assumption as I don't have a lot of details of how you are wanting this to work.

I can say, the Market Analyzer does run through the historical data before entering real-time data.

Also, I will submit a feature request in your behalf to have NinjaTrader work with all unsupported brokerages and datafeeds. It will be up to the development department to decide to implement this request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The Market Analyzer will go through historical data before going into real-time data.
      I think you did not get my point.
      I am telling I can not get my market live data (( which is not listed nor connected to your brokers )) into Ninja Trader, so MA WILL NOT WORK FOR ME with my market live data in order to get all things beyond.

I hope you catch me now.

Regards,

Comment

Hello mamz2006,

Thanks for your reply.

My name is Brandon and I am the technical support lead here. I removed the most recent replies to this thread to provide you the most accurate information on this.

Thanks for your suggestion of additional data providers in NinjaTrader. This will be taken into consideration.

As for the Market Analyzer item, I would like to first note that how you can create alerts and trade signals will be enhanced in NinjaTrader 8.

As for creating trade signals in NinjaTrader 7 in the Market Analyzer using the Market Analyzer many set ups will require custom NinjaScripting. For users who do not know NinjaScript or do not have the time you would need to contact a 3rd party NinjaScript consultant to do this for you. This is possible however with end of day data.

Now lets say you want to use end of day data to create a buy signal for when a daily SMA price is greater than the close price and a sell signal for when the SMA is less than the close.
        Since the Market Analyzer can only create alerts/cell conditions based on when a columns value is less than, greater than, ect we need to create a custom indicator that will plot a value of 1 when the SMA is greater than close and a value of 0 when the SMA is less than zero.
        You would then apply this indicator to your Market Analyzer using Daily bars and create an alert/cell condition that when the custom indicator is greater than or equal to 1 it would tell you to buy and when the cell is equal or less than 0 it would tell you to sell.

This is an advanced set up to do this with NinjaTrader 7, however once NinjaTrader 8 is available you should be able to create this without knowing NinjaScript.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Brandon for clarification,
          Regarding other data providers, I see this as a big factor for not using Ninja Trader around the world, I can tell you that here in the middle east no body is using it for trading or analysis due to the closed circuit of brokers in Ninja Trader, unlike other platforms which became popular for being used in local brokers easily.

Regarding MA it is limited in analysis for long period traders, daily, weekly, monthly, etc. due to it is not being able to analyze market behavior for a period of past time through MA

All these factors made me to write to your forum to take these elements into consideration to improve Ninja trader and to globalize it for all world traders.

Best regards,

Comment

Hello mamz2006,

Thanks for your reply and additional information on what you would like to accomplish.

I will send your feedback to development to take into consideration. At this time to view past signals from indicators you would need to use the chart.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Brevo
            by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
            0 responses