Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Sound alerts RSI

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me, English is not my mother language and I am struggling with understanding the explanations. I succeed in the most of it. Let me explain what I want.

1. I want a soundalert when RSI is crossing from below level 50.
    2. I want a soundalert when RSI is crossing from above level 50.

For as it is now I get only a soundalert with 1 of the 2, I don't know which one now but that's not important.

I created two lines with the Market Analyzer for the conditions, I studied the Video of it,

What about the signals : is it normal that I receive these signals only on Bar closed? It's OK but maybe I can receive these signals immediately?

Thanks a lot for helping me!
    Johan

Hello Johan,

I suggest to use different input for the 'Message' setting for each alert condition. Subsequently you can check in the Alerts window which alert is triggered and which is not. Could it be the alert condition that does not trigger just did not occur yet?

Can you please check the 'Calculate on bar close' setting for the RSI indicator added in the Market Analyzer. If set to True, the RSI is calculated at the close of a price bar only. If set to False, it will be calculated on each incoming tick.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason for helping me, I appreciate. I continue...

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      I suggest to use different input for the 'Message' setting for each alert condition.
      I did...
      Subsequently you can check in the Alerts window which alert is triggered and which is not.
      Yes, I can see that, only the one when RSI is crossing from above 50 level. When RSI is crossing from below 50 I see no Alerts and of course I don't hear any sound.

Can you please check the 'Calculate on bar close' setting for the RSI indicator added in the Market Analyzer. If set to True, the RSI is calculated at the close of a price bar only. If set to False, it will be calculated on each incoming tick.
      Yes, I checked and for now I set it on "False". For the record in the Alert Conditions for both Alerts I set Re-alarm after seconds to "1". Because I want to check now if everything works fine. Unfortunately for now it won't....

I am sure you can help me further. Thank you Jason.

Comment

Hello,
        Can you provide a screenshot of your Alert Conditions in the Market Analyzer for when the RSI is below 50?To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instructions

I look forward to your reply.
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, thanks again for helping me. I hope this is what you want. I added both.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for providing the requested files.
            Please send me your log and trace files so I may investigate further.
            You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=76171

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
              Hello,
              Thank you for providing the requested files.
              Please send me your log and trace files so I may investigate further.
              You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=76171
              I did. However I think I found the solution. I changed in Plot "AVG" to default and now I hear also a sound now when the RSI is crossing the 50 level from below

Another question : is it possible to use Stochastics in combination with the RSI or do I have to program it by a developer? Example LONG : I want to hear a soundsignal when RSI is crossing the 50 level from below and at the same time Stochastics fast line is already above 50.... In fact, I want to hear a soundsignal when both indicators are above 50 for LONG and below 50 for short. Please, let me know. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Good to hear the alert when crossing below 50 works now.

You will need to create a custom indicator for this. Unfortunately you cannot setup an alert condition that uses two indicators.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK. Can you advice me where to go for programming such an indicator?

Comment

I am afraid we are not finished.....I changed the settings in Close Bar instead of every tick.Again I don't hear any sound signals when the RSI have been crossing the Level of 50 after the Bar is closed...

Comment

Very frustrating..... I tried several things out. This morning I succeed in getting signals for both crossings. Unfortunately at this moment no signals at all anymore. I did exactly the same as this morning and now it is not working any longer.... :-(

Comment

Hello,
                        We have not received your log and trace files.
                        Please send a note to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with the log and trace files.
                        You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"
                        You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

I have included an example of how what the alert for custom indicator to alert when two indicators are above or below a certain value.

if(RSI(20, 3)[0] > 50 && Stochastics(3, 2, 3)[0] > 50)
                        {
                        Alert(CurrentBar.ToString(), NinjaTrader.Cbi.Priority.High, "Above 50", "Alert1" , 2, Color.AliceBlue, Color.AntiqueWhite);
                        }
                        if(RSI(20, 4)[0] < 50 && Stochastics(3, 2, 3)[0] < 50)
                        {
                        Alert(CurrentBar.ToString(), NinjaTrader.Cbi.Priority.High, "Below 50", "Alert2" , 2, Color.AliceBlue, Color.AntiqueWhite);
                        }

For more information on the Alert method please see the following link, http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/alert.htm

Comment

Hello Cody,

You are very kind, thank you for the example of the combination of RSI and Stochastics. I am very interested in making custom indicators and strategies but I don't have experience and it takes so much time to learn. Maybe I try. Anyway, it is weird that what was working this morning won't work now. I have logged of Ninja and I will try again to build the MarketAnalyzer again. I will send you the log and trace files as explained.

It is not weird at all Cody What went wrong, oh man.....
                          In the Alert Condition I set Re-alarm at "0"
                          You understand........

I have to check if it is working also when I set Signal on Bar Closed but I am sure as long as I don't set re-alarm again at "0". Better is "1" . Many signals but you know if it is working
                          Last edited by Luvene; 07-14-2015, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                          Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post kulwinder73