Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Own GUI panel with buttons on the right side of the chart, similar to "Chart panel"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Own GUI panel with buttons on the right side of the chart, similar to "Chart panel"

Is it possible to add buttons with a nice GUI on the right side of the chart?

I would like to put buttons on the right side of the chart, similar to what happens when you press the "Chart Trader" icon, and then you see a GUI/Panel that shows up on the right side of the chart.

How can I add my own panel to a trading strategy I am using with buttons to control entry points.

Example:
    I active my panel, and then I can click a "Short" or "Long" button, in order to activate lines in my chart that will triggers sell or buy orders that I can manually change position of?

Chart Panel Example

I posted this example of how to use Visual Studio to build a chart panel and paste C# into ninjascript.

Comment

Hi warcious, thanks for your post.

This functionality is not built in, but it can be achieved using custom programming, such as in the example that rayko mentioned.
      <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Rayko,

Can you help me creating a simple GUI?
        Do you have a profile somewhere?

Comment

Warcious,

Sure I can try and answer questions you might have. I use VS2010 and code NT7 C# scripts in VS2010 then copy/paste back into NT for final compile.

You may want to get started setting up VS to work in tandem with NT7. Here is a link from BigMikes forum that will help you: https://www.bigmiketrading.com/ninja...0-dummies.html

Comment

Rayko,

I am not a C# developer, so I am hiring freelancer developers to build this for me. I was asking if you where interested to help me with this GUI panel development?
            If not, can you tell me if I can isolate the GUI panel development and give the job to a C# designer that is focused on graphical components, or is it better that the GUI panel is developed by a C# developer that fully understands Ninjatrader so the panel itself is compatible with the indicator I am currently developing?

Cheers
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brandon; 07-15-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive