Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace Not Saving Correctly

Hello:

I have AUDUSD, GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCAD & USDJPY open. I go to File- Workspace-save xxxx. I shut NT down, NT asks do I want to save the workspace I click yes to all. Start NT and it has AUDUSD and USDJPY switched (or something different - doesn't stay the same all the time). Something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Terry

EDIT, can you move the windows around? I've tried and it doesn't seem so.
    Last edited by Segwin; 07-15-2015, 03:38 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible to move windows however are you referring to the chart windows themselves or the NinjaTrader program group displayed in the Windows Task Bar at the bottom of your monitor?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible to move windows however are you referring to the chart windows themselves or the NinjaTrader program group displayed in the Windows Task Bar at the bottom of your monitor?
      Hi Kyle,

Each chart window is its own window and they are on the Windows task bar at the bottom. Using XP Pro if it matters.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

Windows will add these items to the program grouping in the task bar as the windows are loaded. Aside from closing your windows and re-opening the charts in your desired order there is no method within NinjaTrader that can be used to control the order in which Windows lists NinjaTrader's open windows.

Comment

Thanks Kyle. Anyway to have the chart windows tabbed in one window?

Not sure if it's OK to drop a link but found this tool that will let you move windows around in XP.

If it is not OK to link please delete.

Thanks Kyle.
          Last edited by Segwin; 07-15-2015, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Hello Segwin,

Unfortunately, tabbed windows are not available within NinjaTrader 7 however this feature will be available in NinjaTrader 8.

If anything else comes up which I could assist with please let me know.

Comment

Workspace not loading NT 8

Hi, I just updated to the most recent one available through NT. Now my workspace is not loading up at all. Actually no workspace not even a new one shows. Only my control center, please help, I have orders placed.

Comment

Hi XTraderFX,

You should call your brokerage's orders desk and be removed from your position first.

After doing so, did you upgrade from NinjaTrader 7? If so, NinjaTrader 7 should still be installed on your PC and usable. NinjaTrader 8 does not consume the installation for NinjaTrader 7. Additionally, workspaces from NinjaTrader 7 do not transfer to NinjaTrader 8 and will need to be rebuilt in NinjaTrader 8.

Additionally, NinjaTrader 8 is beta software. If you are relying on absolute stability for purposes of trading, use NinjaTrader 7. Use NinjaTrader 8 only if you are interested in testing the software for bugs.
                <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post geddyisodin  
                Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick