Inaccurate results on Renko strategy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inaccurate results on Renko strategy.

I've been back testing strategies on Renko bars and use a script to scale in when certain conditions are true. All goes well if price action goes in the expected direction.

However if price reverses and the new renko bar is drawn in the other direction, the calculation of profits is incorrect.

See the image below (I will attach it as well) to show what I mean. The actual entry is on the same price level as the close of the previous bar, but the Strategy Analyzer shows it at the open of the next bar, rendering the results inaccurate.

Attached Files

Originally posted by nmuselle View Post
    I've been back testing strategies on Renko bars and use a script to scale in when certain conditions are true. All goes well if price action goes in the expected direction.

However if price reverses and the new renko bar is drawn in the other direction, the calculation of profits is incorrect.

See the image below (I will attach it as well) to show what I mean. The actual entry is on the same price level as the close of the previous bar, but the Strategy Analyzer shows it at the open of the next bar, rendering the results inaccurate.

A fiction of Renko bars that has been somewhat extensively discussed on these fora. Here, I believe is the most current response that I gave. You might want to read the entire thread and the more like it that I reference.

ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...116#post392116

This one may be of particular enlightenment: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=68224

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason