Gain/eSignal charting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gain/eSignal charting problem

I'm having a problem with charting forex data (using both Gain and eSignal feeds).

Everything disappears from the chart except for the last candle. Reloading the data does nothing. I have an indicator that displays the instruments description, and it has switched from displaying EURUSD to 'On-the-fly created stock" so there is definitely something weird happening. All indicator plots have also vanished.

The log has an error for each indicator on the chart saying
    "Error on plotting last value for indicator _____ Please check the OnBarUpdate method. Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index
    "
    The price axis has also switched only displaying to two decimal places making it entirely useless for Forex.

It seems to happen when changing time-frames, or loading charts for the first time, and only with EURUSD. Now it seems no matter what I do I can't get a proper chart to load for this instrument.

This wouldn't so bad if it didn't happen during a live trade. As you can see the position is still being shown on the chart, but in the chart trader which is showing flat.

Is there some way to avoid this in the future?

Last edited by Elliott Wave; 05-08-2008, 05:27 PM.

Please remove any custom indicator from chart and see if issue persists. If not, the you would need to debug the custom indicators affected or contact the author in case it's a 3rd party component.

Comment

I think this is an eSignal problem.

When switching to a longer time frame or requesting a data range outside of what Gain has ( a few weeks) NinjaTrader then tries to load it from eSignal which is the secondary connection, and because the data is not loading properly it just returns a blank screen and starts plotting forward using the Gain data.

I've tried loading a blank chart without a template or any indicators and it displays fine for 15 days with Gain (aside from the hideous buy/sell crap everywhere), but if I try to plot using eSignal I only get a blank screen.

I have to restart the eSignal data manager as well as NT in order for it to work again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
      Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aa731