NS Strategies and ATM Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NS Strategies and ATM Strategies

We are running a NinjaScript strategy on ES symbol. When we open a chart for ES and start a new ATM strategy on that chart, all is well. However when we click "Close" or "Reverse" on the chart, it closes or reverses the ATM strategy and also stops the NinjaScript strategy.

Is this the expected behavior? Is there any way we can program our NinjaScript or otherwise change things so that the Close and Reverse buttons will affect the ATM strategy only and leave the NinjaScript strategy running?

>> Is this the expected behavior?
    Yes, there are some explicit statements in the docs. Unfortunately I don't have a link at hand right now.

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply. Could you add a selective Close and Reverse capability to the future enhancements list? I also have this issue when trading several ATM stratgies at the same time. Sometimes I want to close or reverse one of my Active ATMs and current cannot use the Close or Reverse buttons for this purpose. Maybe a shift click or right click on Close/Reverse would only perform that action on the Active strategy in the current drop down list or something?

Thanks for the quick reply, I absolutely love the product.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Per your suggestion I double checked the documentation at http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nButtons3.html and sure enough the suggestion I had above is already implemented for Close (but not Reverse). If you click close with the middle mouse button (scroll wheel) only your currently selected active strategy will be closed. Rocking!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Mongo, Yesterday, 11:05 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Mongo
          by Mongo

Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes