Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace is empty

Hi,

I had an issue just now with a 3rd party indicator and so I closed NinjaTrader and when I re-opened it, the workspace is completely empty. Interestingly enough, the xml file has everything I would expect in it but it isn't being read.

Is there a simple way to get the workspace back from the xml file, even if it involves cutting and pasting it?

Thanks
    Scott

Hello Scott,

Do you see charts and other NinjaTrader windows in the Windows task bar? If so, please restore the charts and other windows by clicking on them in the Windows task bar.

Please check if you see the workspace name of your workspace reflected in the upper left corner of the Control Center? If so, it indicates the workspace is opened. However, if no charts and other windows appear in the Windows task bar, it indicates the workspace was not saved with the charts and other windows.

This can happen if you shut down NinjaTrader via the Windows task bar. If you right click NinjaTrader in the Windows task bar and select Close, it will close all charts and other windows first and subsequently you will be prompted to save your workspaces. If you now click Yes, it will be saved without the charts and other windows.

You can restore your workspace if you have a backup file that contains your workspace saved with your charts and other windows. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Restore to restore any backup files you may have. If not, unfortunately you will need to rebuild the workspace.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me. I was able to restore the work space; I had shut it down, as always, by selecting close and was prompted to save so in that I was fine. I now think that possibly it was a matter of the cursor not changing to show charts were loading. I restarted NinjaTrader and things were fine.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888